Best looking CD Player: Redbook, SACD or DVD-A?
Feb 3, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #91 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker
The BAT is already upgraded to the 24 bit VK-D5SE, and in order to upgrade the wife, one would need space age plastics and highly toxic injection molding, both of which, would require a long burn-in program. 50 hours of artificial burn-in in the closet seems inhumane, and of course without the proper cabling, the possibility of two power supplies not meeting the same tolerance, could be awkward when using as a portable.

I thought the SE version was a completely different player using 4 special tubes(instead of the six stock tubes) and a different power supplies? What kind of cost is envolved to bring the D5 up to SE level?

Feb 3, 2004 at 12:21 PM Post #92 of 110
The Bat VK-D5SE has 4 Bat "Supertubes" instead of the 6 Originals...a beefed up power supply and twin "6 pack" oil filled
capacitors. It has a a 24 bit upsampling board and even though the HDCD circuit and light are still installed, they are disabled. I called Victor, one of the inventor engineers, and he said, since HDCD is a 20 bit process, they felt the 24 bit upgrade surpassed the need for HDCD to be included, but it wasn't necessary to remove the circuitry. It is super potent, but definately needs a couple of hundred hours burn-in for optimum results (which I found to be true). It was recommended to my by Kevin at Upscale Audio (who travels the world looking for the world's perfeect tubes)
If you have High speed access, you should checkout the BAT Channel and choose the SE and SuperTube link. I bought mine new with the upgrade built in, but I believe the mod is about $600, and every bit worth it.

Go Here:

http://www.newcenturytv.com/BAT/

Feb 3, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #93 of 110
I'm starting to see your point about the insides as well. I guess we need a few cdplayer **** pics to make this a true adolescent fantasy!

Feb 7, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #95 of 110
Marantz, just like Pioneer Elite has made some dramatic jumps, in the quality of their products.

Feb 7, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #97 of 110
I really like that oracle cd player... and they are made in canada... maybe I can get a discount ;p

anyone know if they sound good at all?

Feb 7, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #98 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by philodox
I really like that oracle cd player... anyone know if they sound good at all?

Wha...!!??!!
Sacrilege, heresy!
Bite your tongue!

(Just kidding)

Secondhand views, but yes I have heard that they are good.

Feb 7, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #99 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker
How's about this one:

Has anyone got any info about these players? The bluenote in immtbiker's post. Any reviews you guys can lead me to? Thanks.

Feb 7, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #101 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
Has anyone got any info about these players? The bluenote in immtbiker's post. Any reviews you guys can lead me to? Thanks.

That bluenote is actually up for sale on A-gon. I'll try to see if I can find a review anywhere.

Feb 7, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #102 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
That bluenote is actually up for sale on A-gon. I'll try to see if I can find a review anywhere.

I saw they were for sale for $4K. I've been looking but haven't found any reviews on them yet. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #103 of 110
I is a new player, so I guess the reviews are lacking. How about buying one of these and doing a review for out benefit.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #104 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
I is a new player, so I guess the reviews are lacking. How about buying one of these and doing a review for out benefit.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ha Ha Ha......
I don't think I can afford to take that one for the team. I've got my sights set on the new Audio Aero Prestige SACD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back