Best lightweight headphones for ~$50?
Sep 28, 2010 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sequencius

New Head-Fier

What are the best lightweight headphones for around $50?

Walkin around with these RX700s is getting really annoying...it's not exaclty the most comfortable piece of neckwear..

Are these any good? or is there something for $100 that I should just save up for?
Just looking for something a little better than the JV HA RX700 but lighter...much lighter..but I wouldn't like to lose any bass.

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD428 Closed Circumaural Hi-Fi Headphone: Electronics

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD515 Dynamic Stereo Sound Audiophile 500 Series Headphones: Electronics

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 2
Koss UR-55 would be what I would use under $50. It sounds better to my ears then the Porta Pro, but it's maybe not as bright as the KSC75's driver.

Or KSC75 in the Porta Pro shell/headband or Parts Express headband. But I'm guessing you wanted a fullsize headphone of course.
I don't really like the regular Porta Pro.

Maybe even a used Creative Aurvana Live if you can find one.

BTW the HD-428 doesn't have a lot of bass at all. You can check the frequency graph on google.

The best sounding smaller headphone I own is the Koss Pro DJ 100. It's still big, but very lightweight. Only 6.5oz or something and goes for $80.

If you don't mind everyone else listening to your music, I now love my modded SR-80. It has a lot of bass now and I like it. A lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back