Best in ear earphones with lots of bass!
Jul 6, 2010 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Gfunk

New Head-Fier
Ok so my earphones just died on me (the right earphone has blown) , and i need a new pair for under $150 that has a ton of bass, because to be honest i cant stand music without any bass. Ive looked at the Dr Dre in ear tour headphones which have been mentioned for the nice bass, is there any other in ear earphones that fit this criteria?

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
If you want something cheap , try the Jays a-Jays three. Tons of bass , but really sharp highs.

mmm im more looking in the 100 - 150 range i want to get something that does have good mids and highs but also deep booming bass. The seinheisser IE6 look good but i read a few reviews and they say it lacks in bass.... Ive also been looking at the Monster Turbines in ear at 149.95, which in various reviews say they have good bass. Any opinions on them?

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Sennheiser IE6 lacking bass??!! What the? Can you show me a link to those reviews?
Turbine are quite good, they have thumping bass and decent treble and mids.

I read somewhere that the IE6 has the least bass in the IE series.
How are they compared to the turbines? Which of them would you recommend?

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 17
The IE6 had more than enough bass when I tried them at a meet, even more slam than the IE7. Comparing them to the original Turbine (not Gold or Copper), I like the Turbine's sense of dynamics better. The IE6 fit much better though, the Turbines felt a bit too heavy in the ears.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 17
If you don't like any of the options above, I also highly recommend looking into the Radius DDM and Westone UM 1/2.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
Have a look at those models: Hippo VB, Fischer Audio Eterna, Brainwavz M2, Futuresonic Atrio M5/M8, Sennheiser IE6,...
The dr dre beats are a piece of junk, forget about it.

These are all very good suggestions. The IE6 only lacks bass with an improper fit - I think in terms of bass slam it goes IE8 > IE6 > IE7. But all of these are well-worth looking into. I think the Atrios and Eternas are the only ones that qualify for a 'ton' of bass in the conventional (mid-bass) sense but the rest are at least 'bass-heavy'. 

Quote:
If you don't like any of the options above, I also highly recommend looking into the Radius DDM and Westone UM 1/2.

These are not very good suggestions. The UM1 isn't bassy even by armature standards (haven't heard the UM2) and the DDM is pretty balanced. All of the ones above have far more slam.  

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 17
Ultimate ears super 5 eb........ i love my music bass heavy and i listen to alot of different types of music and it suits my needs and what i look for in my music... (rock. alternative, r&b, dance, trance, house)
if you can find a friend with a set ill say try them and see if you like the sound they give out. Personally i love them........ bear in mind they stick out of your head like dog balls haha

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 17
Radius DDM, EX700, MTP Gold, UE 5EB and Custom3..........

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #13 of 17
I find the klipsch s4 ($80 at amazon) to be great IEM's and have good bass.  I am a serious bass head and my main cans are thunderpants which are known to be the bassiest cans around - and some of the best sounding closed cans)  anyway i find the s4 to be great.  very comfy too.  i used to own the klipsch x10  - the sound even better and although they cost $350 new you can find them on the for sale forums for around $160

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #14 of 17
If you are interested in the Beats Tour In Ear there is a deal for them at $87. You can find the details here:

http://bensbargains.net/deal/146972/

I have owned a pair for about 3 weeks now and I do not think they are worthless at all. They have very deep bass but it does not overpower the mid-range. I have been listening to a lot of Thievery Corporation, Afrocelt Sound System and Laika and they really perform well. I think the knock on the Beats in ear is mostly price and the bad reputation of the larger "Dre" phones.  The Beats also have a fit problem that I solved by using small Sony hybrid tips.That being said, the Maximo 490 and the Meelec M9 with a Sony hybrid tip both have a lot more bass by volume and can be had for under $20.

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 17
I suspect that if you want tons, and tons of bass, you'll get a bit of love with the Audio Technica CKS90 for well under $150. I have the CKS70 which has truly ludicrous amounts of subwoofer level bass. The rest of the sound isn't bad, but its truly dominated by the bass signature. Apparently the CKS90 should be a little more balanced.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you look into the Radius DDM's. The bass isn't quite as plentiful, but its quality, depth and presence is impossible to ignore. Plus all the rest of the sound is great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back