Best IEMs Under $200?
Sep 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

RockonPC

New Head-Fier
I need some help choosing some nice IEMs at around $150, under $200. I listen to metal/sceamo. So I like my Lows to be low, but the highs nice and clear. Looking for good balanced sound overall. I've looked at Shure, Yamaha, Etemotic, etc. This will be my first pair of IEMs and would like to keep them for a while.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 12
I started my sonic search as you did. I think the best at that price is Shure 215ltd. It has the extended bass and of the entire Shure line up is the best bargain. It also has strong replaceable cables that you can use at the gym or traveling with little fear of breakage. The sound is turned quite good for your type of music.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 12
I started my sonic search as you did. I think the best at that price is Shure 215ltd. It has the extended bass and of the entire Shure line up is the best bargain. It also has strong replaceable cables that you can use at the gym or traveling with little fear of breakage. The sound is turned quite good for your type of music.

The high end is what I remember about the SE215. Namely, they are not very sparkly at all. This is probably a deal breaker for some, but for me, I have a very small tolerance for sparkliness. I sold my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii due to their harshness and sibilance. These I find are not very bright at all, which makes it easier for me to listen to music for longer periods of time         On the downside, music doesn't seem as lively on the top end. Cymbals and other percussion instruments don't seem that lively and kind of take a backseat to the low and mid range.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 12
I think the GR07 MKII might be your best bet. You can find them for $130 on lendmeurears or $180 on Amazon. The TDK BA200, RE400 are other good options in the price range. I have the ER4P for sale as well ($250 new, sale for $215 atm) and might be willing to go a bit lower, but I think they might be lacking in bass for your needs. They are more suited to classical than metal. If you want nice and clear highs I'd stay shy of most Shure offerings, especially the 215. HF5 is supposed to sound similar to the ER4P, known for clarity and not so much for bass.

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 12
Alright, so I decided to head out to my local guitar center to see if they had anything you guys suggested. While I was there I actually ended up buying a few things, but one of the items was the Shure SE215! It was the only one they had, and I was too anxious to wait any longer, so I bought it. I've tested it with many varieties of music, my personal bands, such as Capture The Crown, Outline in Color, and Claim the Empire, along with some other music I own, such as Muse and some other genres that I don't normally listen to, and I am very pleased with them. The sound quality is excellent, the highs are crisp, and the lows are good, but other than that I am very pleased. I'm sure once I let the break in they will sound better, can't wait!

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 12
Alright, so I decided to head out to my local guitar center to see if they had anything you guys suggested. While I was there I actually ended up buying a few things, but one of the items was the Shure SE215! It was the only one they had, and I was too anxious to wait any longer, so I bought it. I've tested it with many varieties of music, my personal bands, such as Capture The Crown, Outline in Color, and Claim the Empire, along with some other music I own, such as Muse and some other genres that I don't normally listen to, and I am very pleased with them. The sound quality is excellent, the highs are crisp, and the lows are good, but other than that I am very pleased. I'm sure once I let the break in they will sound better, can't wait!

good to hear, and yes those are micro dynamic drivers so with time the iems will give you a better sound after break in.

Nov 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #12 of 12
Best IEM's under $150.00 for metal and screamo, hardcore, punk, ect are the JVC HA-FXT90. The sound signature is thick and aggressive, the bass is deep and quick, guitars cut like razors, and the highs are just right. Not sparkly or unruly. Nor recessed, but just right. My metal never sounded better, or made me want to headbang more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back