Best IEMs in $100 Range For Classical and Rock w' Remote
Oct 6, 2011 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Guitarmaster

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody! I'm new here. (as a member that is.)

Now i know there are countless threads on this topic but i'm hoping this one will be slightly different. after looking into those discussions i felt they were mostly personal favorites rather than pros and cons of the given subject. (don't get me wrong i really... L
biggrin.gif
VE this place. i'ts the undisputed king.) maybe its just the ones i had the luck to chance upon.

Anyway i'm looking for some good IEMs w' remote (for iphone) mostly for classical and also some rock with an emphasis on detail for around $100.any advice would be helpful (even the personal favorites type).

Also if anybody has any impressions of the sennheiser cx880 of which there are very few, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank You in Advance. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 9
Panasonic HJE900, SHE9850, Phonak PFE112, ADDIEM, RE0(highely recommended), Etymotic MC5 and S4i.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 9
Tough for me to imagine something to much better at this pricepoint for classical than HF3. It will do for rock as well.

Quote:
Anyway i'm looking for some good IEMs w' remote (for iphone) mostly for classical and also some rock with an emphasis on detail for around $100.any advice would be helpful (even the personal favorites type).

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 9
There aren't many products out there that have a remote.  A lot that are used around here simply don't have that.  I think one question you need to ask yourself is are you willing to constrain your selection for the sole gain of that remote feature?

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #9 of 9
The table in Post #8 of Joker's mammoth compendium of reviews has a column (on the left side) that indicates which IEM has a mic/remote option.

Another approach would be adding an in-line cable with a mic/remote, such as this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back