Best IEM tips?
Jan 24, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #2,912 of 3,366
Has anyone tried the HiFiGo x ZEOS Render Silicone Memory Foam Eartips?

They look like a hybrid between foam and silicone, with the foam encapsulated within a thin silicone layer -- best of both worlds?

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #2,913 of 3,366

They look like a hybrid between foam and silicone, with the foam encapsulated within a thin silicone layer -- best of both worlds?

That’s the theory.

I tried some, nothing magic, like any tips it is all down to personal fit with the specific IEM so any recommendation is of limited value, you really need to try for yourself.

Comments in respect of specific fit issues and comparisons with other tips are a vaguely useful guide but not much more than that. General recommendations without context, knowledge of fit issues/preferences and what IEM etc etc are next to useless or in fact actually useless.

I have ended up with a decent selection of tips from trying all sorts, some for very specific application, and what works on one IEM can be entirely useless on another to the point of not even being close to fitting and sealing well if the insertion depth and angle is even slightly different.

On one IEM that gave me fit issues I have ended up with extra big sticky textured tips to get a good fit and seal and have ordered some L size double flange Spinfits to try.

Sorry to bang on 😁

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #2,914 of 3,366

not great quality

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #2,916 of 3,366
Does the black color, say vs the clear/opaque, make a difference in sound?

the Black Final E tips are a bit warmer than the white ones, which sound brighter. But these are subtle, not night and day differences.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #2,917 of 3,366

You can make this yourself if you have a spare foam tip, just decore them first (the hard part in the center) then you can just shove the foam part in your silicone tips of choice. I've done this for years but it can kill the highs if you're not careful. I've settled on using earbud foams instead (the donut type) these days. It brings a good balance between bass, mids and highs. Hella cheap too.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #2,918 of 3,366

Not those, but I did try the symbio hybrids which are what Zeos went wild about when he tried them. They were not good at all for any of my IEMs, so I didn't bother trying his special snowflake version.

The silicone is nothing special, and the foam makes the tip too stiff to actually conform to the canal. Makes insertion a pain and they tend to be either uncomfortable or not seal properly.

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #2,919 of 3,366
Does the black color, say vs the clear/opaque, make a difference in sound?
Final say there is a difference yes: * With Type E (CLEAR red axis), the earbud is transparent, while the axis is red (to distinguish between sizes, the LL, M and SS sizes are pink). Compared to the black, the clear version of Type E differs slightly in terms of surface fluency and hardness, and the degree to which they are airtight changes slightly; owing to this, bass tones become a little lighter, high-pitched tones sound clear, and the sound tends toward clarity.* I am not sure I hear this! Sometimes I think I do, other times I don't😅

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #2,920 of 3,366
I've had success with the Tangzu Sancai's, narrow and wide bore but tbh I prefer the narrow.

seconding sancai. those patterned umbrellas really do wonder. just as usual wide or narrow bore depends on your IEMs and needs (warm IEMs might want the brighter wide bore, bright IEMs narrow one).
Thanks bros, gonna check em out right now

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #2,921 of 3,366
Do you guys know of any eartips that help regulate pressure from IEMs without vents? I'm loving my Pula PA02 but after a while they really mess with your ears
I would suggest the Symbio F tips. For my ears, they are foam tips with sound characteristics of silicone tips.

Symbio F ear tips

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2,922 of 3,366
Do you guys know of any eartips that help regulate pressure from IEMs without vents? I'm loving my Pula PA02 but after a while they really mess with your ears

Another vote for Tangzu Sancai here. Foams also work. Fiio HS18 have a very thin silicon umbrella and don't seem as prone to pressure build up. :ksc75smile:

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #2,924 of 3,366
Yes.
I like them.
They are not like the Symbios. They are softer.
Well I will probably end up getting some to try eventually, out of boredom. Cheaper fun than a random IEM...

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #2,925 of 3,366
I would suggest the Symbio F tips. For my ears, they are foam tips with sound characteristics of silicone tips.

Symbio F ear tips
will check those out as well if I end up having to find new ones, orange are wack tho but my ears will enjoy better pressure regulation lol
Another vote for Tangzu Sancai here. Foams also work. Fiio HS18 have a very thin silicon umbrella and don't seem as prone to pressure build up. :ksc75smile:
just got the Sancai balanced, giving em a whirl and see how they end up for me

edit 2:edit harder

well the sancai actually work and they're absolutely great but unfortunately they're not wide enough or long enough for the iem I'm using em for lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back