Best IEM tips?
Jan 13, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #2,881 of 3,319
How would you compare Tangzu Sincai to tri clarion or tennmak Whirlwind?

TRI Clarion is firmer whereas the Sancais are softer. The former may give you a better seal. It is a good firm eartip on the cheap.

I tend to use the Sancai wide bores myself at the beginning of my listening sessions. But I never finish with one of them. 😂

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #2,882 of 3,319
How would you compare Tangzu Sincai to tri clarion or tennmak Whirlwind?
I'm still in the middle of breaking in the normal bores (wide bores are big no for me), the main selling point of the Sancai is that texture on the surface that allows air pressure to equalize without having to adjust your ears. That makes it good for unvented IEMs like the Orchestra Lite. It lightens the bass up a bit because the material is thin and isn't fully sealing.

Tri clarions have similar material thickness but no venting, so bass goes up a slight amount. Pretty much imperceptibly so, so if you don't want the ventilation or really like that little protrusion at the tip, Tri clarions are ok too.

Both have a tendency to flip inside out when removed from a seal, so be aware.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #2,883 of 3,319
I'm still in the middle of breaking in the normal bores (wide bores are big no for me), the main selling point of the Sancai is that texture on the surface that allows air pressure to equalize without having to adjust your ears. That makes it good for unvented IEMs like the Orchestra Lite. It lightens the bass up a bit because the material is thin and isn't fully sealing.
I'm very sad that Sancais are too small for my ears :frowning2: and there is no bigger size than blue ones

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #2,885 of 3,319
13mm is not the largest I've seen, but they are not terribly small. Your IEMs have short nozzles?

Probably just need longer stem tips for your collection.
At least where i was searching 13mm is the largest, there are no bigger size than L. There are some with long nozzles, some with short. And sancais arent working for me both cases.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #2,887 of 3,319
Nice. I can finally post images. So... My answer to the question in the title of this thread is: as many as possible. 😍
1705246496723.png
1705246521171.png

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #2,888 of 3,319
Have you tried the Crystals? They are very underrated IMHO whereas the Xelastecs are the overrated ones. Barely use them myself.

The TWS versions (Crystal and MAX) work well for me (shallow insertion) if I go bigger in size -- e.g.: from M to ML. For a deeper insertion then I go the other way around with the STD ones -- e.g.: from M to MS.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I am not satisfied with the tips I have incoming!

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #2,889 of 3,319
With Crystal and Xelastecs I suggest getting the trio - e.g. MS, M, ML sampler.

Especially if you're in between sizes, it may seem a perfect fit. But until you try both sides, you may not know what you are missing.

Crystals are harder to get onto the nozzle. But they're more durable and very comfortable once them warm up in ear. I can wear them for hours. XElastecs provide a deep seal. And a not a great choice if your IEM's suffer from driver flex. But are idiosyncratic in how they shape to the ear canal. I actually wear the same size in Crystal and Xlastecs.

Yet to try the max but have them on order. I prefer the Crystal.

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #2,890 of 3,319
For anyone that has larger outer ear canals and IEM that have short nozzles or for some other reason require a somewhat shallow insertion meaning the tips need to seal in the wider outer part of the ear canals, Penon makes their Liqueur tips in L and XL being 14mm and 15.5mm diameter in black and orange.

I have some of both on order but got an earlier version of the 15.5mm ones in a previous Penon order and they are a life saver on one particular set of IEM on which the more typical 13.5 to 14mm large tips of various brands are just a tiny bit small to provide a good reliable seal that stays put without messing with them from time to time.

https://penonaudio.com/Penon-Liqueur-Silicone-Eartips.html

1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #2,892 of 3,319
How's the feel of those penon tips, are they the sticky type (sure looks like it)?

I am not sure. The ones I currently have are an earlier version that appear to be the same shape but are the usual matte black look not the glossy look in the pictures of the latest ones.

I can report back when I have the new ones.

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #2,894 of 3,319
Alright, got my divinus velvet tips, ordered the box with every size just in case
First impressions: the velvet thing is no joke, the tips may look normal, but the feeling when you insert them is something else, I never felt that with any other tips. We'll see how they hold in time
Agree. Got some this week, and velvet sensation is much differentiated from other tips, in terms of isolation and sq come to my favorite along side with spinfit W1/CP100+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back