Best IEM tips?
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #2,732 of 3,357
Hello, I just have a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I just got my first pair of iem planar which are these Artti T10 I wanted to get foam tips because I find the silicone aren't comfortable for my ears and was wondering if any foam iem tips would work or does it need to be specific size because I was looking at these Comply but Im not sure if they will fit and I was also looking at Dekoni as well. Thanks!

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #2,733 of 3,357
Hello, I just have a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I just got my first pair of iem planar which are these Artti T10 I wanted to get foam tips because I find the silicone aren't comfortable for my ears and was wondering if any foam iem tips would work or does it need to be specific size because I was looking at these Comply but Im not sure if they will fit and I was also looking at Dekoni as well. Thanks!
Tennmak do some of the best foam tips. Much tougher and longer lasting than any others I've tried. Seem to be better quality memory foam and about $8 for six pairs the last time I ordered from AE. 4.5mm fits most things but they do a larger 4.9mm for IEMs with really wide nozzles.

Foam tips will expand out to fit your ear canal, so good fit is not as hard to achieve as with silicon tips. Comply do offer more options for different shapes or weird bore sizes, but at a significantly higher cost.

Consider foam tips a consumable item, as they degrade and need replaced. :L3000:

Oct 23, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #2,734 of 3,357
Tennmak do some of the best foam tips. Much tougher and longer lasting than any others I've tried. Seem to be better quality memory foam and about $8 for six pairs the last time I ordered from AE. 4.5mm fits most things but they do a larger 4.9mm for IEMs with really wide nozzles.

Foam tips will expand out to fit your ear canal, so good fit is not as hard to achieve as with silicon tips. Comply do offer more options for different shapes or weird bore sizes, but at a significantly higher cost.

Consider foam tips a consumable item, as they degrade and need replaced. :L3000:

I appreciate the reply. I went ahead and ordered the comply from Amazon to see how they fit and they are much better for me. I will order the Tennmak as well. These fit the Artti T10 perfect. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_8888.jpeg
    IMG_8888.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 28, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #2,736 of 3,357
Not sure if anyone has tried these tips SednaEarfit Crystal. I used them with my wonderful Legato IEM.
Personally, I feel it increases the clarity, and slightly better instrument separations 😉

Just got the Divinus Velvet in. Much prefer the Crystal's on the Rn6. The velvets are super comfy and slick but somehow after seating don't slide out. I sized up from the sticky Azlas (ms) to M for the velvets (essential anyone else do the same or they will slide out).

But yeah... the stage narrows even though they're wide bore with the narrow nozzle bit being seated around the nozzle... the upper mids are kinda shouty and bass impact for toms and kicks aren't as impactful. Separation also takes a penalty.

Oh well...

Oct 28, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #2,738 of 3,357
I just got (some days ago) my Tangzu Sancai tips (3 pairs of "M" size); they are very comforable to wear also they insulate the outer world very well.

I use'em with 3 configuration:
- Tangzu Zetian Wu OG (with Qudelix 5k, my main things: if I want to listen to music seriously)
- KZ PR2 1st gen (with Whooshi: listening while working)
- KZ ZNA (with KZ AZ09 Pro; for walking and cooking)

I can really recommend them.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #2,739 of 3,357
I also must say if anyone can get their haNds on the proguard eartipz imo I couldn't get enough of them back in the day.

they def aren't for everyone, but as per sound quality was concerned I think personally they were on par with custom eartipz.

Attachments

• proguard-earportz-earphone-replacement-tips-1-pair-87.jpg
    proguard-earportz-earphone-replacement-tips-1-pair-87.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #2,740 of 3,357
The Divinus Velvet tips from Korea are quite an interesting eartip.

4cca6716-c29a-4f8b-acf7-cf05c1c1ece0.jpeg

They cost about $19 USD (https://hifigo.com/products/divinus-velvet) for 3 pairs, and come in 5 sizes. Pretty lint/dust free, with a matte smooth feel.

The inner bore is narrower than the outer bore, though I would still classify it as a wide-bore tip.

Velvet 2.JPG

They are pretty comfortable for my ears, with above average isolation.

Sound-wise, the Divinus Velvet imparts a neutral bright lilt, and increases air, treble and soundstage. It is a good pairing for darker/warmer transducers, but might not be that synergistic with sibilant IEMs. This is a good option for folks who want to increase treble and clarity in the soundscape.

Nov 5, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #2,742 of 3,357
Tips I generally try first, though the order can change for some iem's.

S&S>Clarion>ePro Horn>Spiral Dot>Max>Crystal>Xelastecs.
I definitely agree with the order of your preferences for those that we have both tried.

You put the DUNU tips above get Clarion, I’ve not tried the S&S, and can only import them from the US, in as few a words as you like, can you tell me what you like about them over and above the Clarion?

TIA!

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #2,743 of 3,357
The sound is just great:

Type E.jpeg

The only problem that I have, is that the material seems to give me some kind allergy in my ears.

Is there some similar with hypoallergenic material/medical grade silicon?

THANKS

Torben

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #2,744 of 3,357
The sound is just great:

Type E.jpeg

The only problem that I have, is that the material seems to give me some kind allergy in my ears.

Is there some similar with hypoallergenic material/medical grade silicon?

THANKS

Torben
The black version uses a different kind of silicon, if that helps.

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #2,745 of 3,357
I definitely agree with the order of your preferences for those that we have both tried.

You put the DUNU tips above get Clarion, I’ve not tried the S&S, and can only import them from the US, in as few a words as you like, can you tell me what you like about them over and above the Clarion?

TIA!

The main reasons are fit and seal. They give very clear unimpeded sound, and help problematic iem's stay put though not as firm as Xeslatecs - which affect the overall sound too much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back