Best IEM tips?
Feb 1, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #2,341 of 3,421
Hi folks,
I am looking for such (or similar) foam tips as pictured in the photo. They are foam only, have no rubber or silicone bore. There is a S size comply T400 tip under them for comparison.
I have smaller ear canals and these tips provide me a deeper and more comfortable fit with most IEMs. Unfortunately I don't know the brand, origin or any hint...

tips.png

Feb 6, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #2,344 of 3,421
Hey dudes I received my FiiO HS18 tips today. They're really good, the comfort and sound are excellent. They're cheap too

My new favorite tips
I've ordered another pack. I find they are comfortable and don't seal so aggressively for IEMs with Driver flex. Not the best where retention is a problem. The thin, non-sticky silicon doesn't hold poorly fitting IEMs in place as well as Spring Tips or the new TRN T tips. :L3000:

Feb 6, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #2,345 of 3,421
Generally foam tips can give quite good passive isolation. However, they may dampen the treble a bit and also may be less durable than silicone tips (ie may need replacing every few months).

For silicone tips, I use Spinfits for better isolation, but YMMV.
+1 on Spinfits for silicone tips. If you match the nozzle diameters its amazing. Most comfortable eartips I've used and they create a consistent seal.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #2,346 of 3,421
Does anyone know what ear tips are used on the HZSOUND Heart Mirror? They seem to trim down the sharp, sparkly treble I experience on the Salnotes Dioko, and provide a really a good seal for bass.

AB348AFC-9815-4A46-AC41-6FA053497895.jpeg

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #2,348 of 3,421
Those look like the Sony EP-EX11 tips
Thanks! I’m gonna have to order a set, and see if they give me the same effect. If they’re clones, they look very similar.

Feb 14, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2,352 of 3,421
Can anyone recommend anything that behaves similar to Sedna earfitlight? Just tried the Clarion and it's a muddy disaster as introduces bloat, scoops out the mids and made high frequencies thin and uncomfortably splashy.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #2,354 of 3,421
Top Left going clockwise:

Tri Clarion, JVC Spiral Dots+++, Symbio W, Earrbond Hybrid, Dunu S&S, E-Pro Horn, Spinfit W1, Softears Liquid Silicone

All medium size.

Nice collection :)

I've just taken delivery of Dunu S&S and Azla Max Standard. Some thoughts:
Dunu S&S
  1. Slight refinement of bass, especially of the midbass which reveals better texture and opens up the midrange
  2. Subtle emphasis on treble detail and emphasises air
  3. Odd shape but thankfully very comfortable and produces a great seal for me
Azla Max Standard
  1. Great ability to enhance imaging
  2. Emphasises midbass, unfortunately some loss of bass texture
  3. Smoothing of midrange texture (might be helpful with incisive/clinical sets)
  4. Air is curbed but no detail loss in treble
  5. Surprisingly subtle effect on tonality given the built in wax guard - especially useful for my Mentawai that lacks a filter grill.
  6. Comfort is excellent, just the right size for me
Honestly, when investing in IEMs you have to explore tip choice thoroughly. It's so important and can offer that subtle adjustment/refinement to your favourite IEM.

Also @s2kphile, what are the Earbond Hybrids like? I was looking at them earlier this week.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #2,355 of 3,421
Nice collection :)

I've just taken delivery of Dunu S&S and Azla Max Standard. Some thoughts:
Dunu S&S
  1. Slight refinement of bass, especially of the midbass which reveals better texture and opens up the midrange
  2. Subtle emphasis on treble detail and emphasises air
  3. Odd shape but thankfully very comfortable and produces a great seal for me
Azla Max Standard
  1. Great ability to enhance imaging
  2. Emphasises midbass, unfortunately some loss of bass texture
  3. Smoothing of midrange texture (might be helpful with incisive/clinical sets)
  4. Air is curbed but no detail loss in treble
  5. Surprisingly subtle effect on tonality given the built in wax guard - especially useful for my Mentawai that lacks a filter grill.
  6. Comfort is excellent, just the right size for me
Honestly, when investing in IEMs you have to explore tip choice thoroughly. It's so important and can offer that subtle adjustment/refinement to your favourite IEM.

Also @s2kphile, what are the Earbond Hybrids like? I was looking at them earlier this week.
Earrbond is the most comfortable eartips I've tried to date. I slept with them on my Neon Pro one night. No irritation or issues the following morning; furthermore, it isolates well and doesn't feel like you have IEMs in your ears.

As far it's sound it takes a dark iem and gives slighty better treble details while dialing down the subbass. Vocals do come alive, though. I enjoy what it does to the mid-high range.

That said it excels in comfort for me as I have more ear tips I didn't show.

Attachments

• 20221229_162636.jpg
    20221229_162636.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back