Best IEM tips?
Oct 25, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #2,132 of 3,418
thank you! is it longer than kb07? Is it wide bore or less wide?
I really hate the bl03 fit last time I got them.
CP100 is longer and narrower bore than KBEAR 07. You can cut a slice off the stem of a spare tip, or use an O-ring as a spacer under the tip, to get a bit more insertion depth. Whoever designed the BL-03 must have had abnormally shallow ears. :L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #2,133 of 3,418
CP100 is longer and narrower bore than KBEAR 07. You can cut a slice off the stem of a spare tip, or use an O-ring as a spacer under the tip, to get a bit more insertion depth. Whoever designed the BL-03 must have had abnormally shallow ears. :L3000:
Thank you! I have some spare good sized o ring for nozzle use if I still want more length with CP100
:)

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #2,134 of 3,418
Just got in some SednaEarFit Max tips. I really like them so far. I've tried them on my TZ700 and the Supermoon universal. In both cases the sound seems to be conveyed at maximum potential, plus they're super comfortable and hold in place perfectly. The best part is the wax guard mesh that is molded in... it doesn't affect SQ at all, and alleviates a worry I've had all along while owning the Supermoon - those totally open nozzle ends!

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #2,135 of 3,418
If anyone is familiar with the Final Audio Type E TWS tips do you know if there are similar tips in a longer stem? they have a similar silicon to the Final Audio Type E which is sticky and has a nice bass response however they are the opposite of the Final Audio Type E in that they are wide bore. The Azla SednEarfit is the closest but I don't like the material of them

Oct 30, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #2,137 of 3,418
Does the azla sendaearfit max have stem that's more similar to the short or the light? Also, anyone know if there's any 11/11 deals on them?

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #2,138 of 3,418
Does the azla sendaearfit max have stem that's more similar to the short or the light? Also, anyone know if there's any 11/11 deals on them?
Similar in what way? Diameter, length, or material?
If I have to point out a major difference between the stem, it would be that due to the inclusion of a filter, you won't be able to push the Max all way back on the nozzle of longer-nozzle IEMs. This will result in a longer driver-to-eardrum distance, and hence brighter treble. If your IEM does not have a long nozzle, then it should be fine.

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #2,140 of 3,418
If anyone is familiar with the Final Audio Type E TWS tips do you know if there are similar tips in a longer stem? they have a similar silicon to the Final Audio Type E which is sticky and has a nice bass response however they are the opposite of the Final Audio Type E in that they are wide bore. The Azla SednEarfit is the closest but I don't like the material of them
I really like the umbrella material of the Final E too. There really isn't really anything quite as sticky and smooth on the market. There are the likes of SpinFit W1; they are only sticky, not smooth. Doesn't work for me. Most others are more smooth and less sticky, and don't grip quite like the Final E.

If I have to recommend something that gives me the same sense of wearing security as the Final E, I'd say the Tanchjim T-APB. It is about as sticky and smooth as the Final E clear, not as sticky as the Final E black. More importantly, the T300B is shaped almost exactly like the Final E. The T300T is like a Final E TWS with longer stem.

If you are specific about the shape of the stem of the Final E TWS, which is a wider opening than the bottom of the bore, look at Sedna Vivid and JVC Spiral Dot.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #2,141 of 3,418
Thank you! I have some spare good sized o ring for nozzle use if I still want more length with CP100
:)
Some 0.5mm o-rings I got from aliexpress really leveled up my eartip game lately. I put 4-5 of them in the front of the nozzle to "lock" wide-bore tips to the bottom of the nozzle, so that I can go one size up without increasing the driver-to-eardrum distance, quite opposite to your use case : )

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #2,142 of 3,418
Some 0.5mm o-rings I got from aliexpress really leveled up my eartip game lately. I put 4-5 of them in the front of the nozzle to "lock" wide-bore tips to the bottom of the nozzle, so that I can go one size up without increasing the driver-to-eardrum distance, quite opposite to your use case : )
Actually stacking O-rings could also solve the problem of IEMs with nozzles too narrow to hold regular eartips in place!:L3000:

That would increase my range of options for things like CA16 or ASF.

Nov 1, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #2,143 of 3,418
I really like the umbrella material of the Final E too. There really isn't really anything quite as sticky and smooth on the market. There are the likes of SpinFit W1; they are only sticky, not smooth. Doesn't work for me. Most others are more smooth and less sticky, and don't grip quite like the Final E.

If I have to recommend something that gives me the same sense of wearing security as the Final E, I'd say the Tanchjim T-APB. It is about as sticky and smooth as the Final E clear, not as sticky as the Final E black. More importantly, the T300B is shaped almost exactly like the Final E. The T300T is like a Final E TWS with longer stem.

If you are specific about the shape of the stem of the Final E TWS, which is a wider opening than the bottom of the bore, look at Sedna Vivid and JVC Spiral Dot.
This is super helpful! I have been looking at the T-APB tips for a while too. I like that you get a pair of both types in a set however based on their size I would want a small in the 300B and a M in the 300T which is quite unfortunate

Nov 4, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #2,144 of 3,418
Similar in what way? Diameter, length, or material?
If I have to point out a major difference between the stem, it would be that due to the inclusion of a filter, you won't be able to push the Max all way back on the nozzle of longer-nozzle IEMs. This will result in a longer driver-to-eardrum distance, and hence brighter treble. If your IEM does not have a long nozzle, then it should be fine.
I was asking in terms of stem length? Do you think it is closer to the earfight light or the short? While we're here, if there are any differences in the diameter or material of the stem I'd love to hear about it as well.

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #2,145 of 3,418
I was asking in terms of stem length? Do you think it is closer to the earfight light or the short? While we're here, if there are any differences in the diameter or material of the stem I'd love to hear about it as well.
Their website has all the sizing info you need. https://www.azla.co.kr/

The senda original/short/light has a more matte bore interior surface. As a result the sound is slightly more mellow than average. Think of an over-dampened room. But the difference compared to Max is not that big; Max doesn't have the most glossy surface either.

In terms of umbrella material I prefer Max/Vivid over original/light. They have a better grip. The umbrella material on the original/light is again quite matte. On original/light I find myself reaching for a size larger due to not getting a good grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back