Best IEM tips?
Oct 14, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #2,116 of 3,312
I'm new to the forum and have a question about ear tips causing skin irritation. I play bass in a covers/wedding band and use CCA C12s. While I am very happy with the sound, the stock tips and the SpinFits I replaced them with cause me skin irritation after every gig. My ears are sore, weep (I'll spare the details) and take five days to heel. Every week! I must have an allergy to silicone. I have looked at on ear alternatives and have tried cans from Sony and AKG but the sound quality is just not as good. We operate with a silent stage i.e. no guitar cabs on stage. Everything is mic'ed and goes out through the front of house PA. From that point of view, I am stuck with using some form of IEMs but just need some feedback from experienced forum users on tips that do not cause irritation or at best, it is minimal. From a quick search, I did see something here about the Sedna Max standards? Are they worth picking up? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
I have similar issues and I've had the best luck with foam tips, especially the Misodiko ones that Moondrop rebrands and includes with some of their IEMs. TPE tips like Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec and Liquid Silicon Rubber (LSR) tips like Azla SednaEarfit Crystal are next best. 7Hz includes a pair of what appears to be an off-brand Crystal eartip with the Dioko, and Moondrop includes a new kind of off-brand Xelastec eartip with their new Stellaris. I've also had decent experiences with the Spinfit CP100 Plus, which is made of a higher quality silicone than the normal CP100.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #2,118 of 3,312
I need Silicone ear tips with treble roll-off similar to Foam ear tips to tame bright IEMs. Any recommendations?

Final E black tips.

They retail around $15ish USD for a pack.

But pro tip (no pun intended): some IEMs include a S/M/L set of Final E black tips (eg Kinera Tyr, Final E500). And considering these IEMs sell around 20 bucks, think it as a kind of cheat code to get a set of Final E tips plus an IEM for $5 top up haha.

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #2,119 of 3,312
Final E black tips.

They retail around $15ish USD for a pack.

But pro tip (no pun intended): some IEMs include a S/M/L set of Final E black tips (eg Kinera Tyr, Final E500). And considering these IEMs sell around 20 bucks, think it as a kind of cheat code to get a set of Final E tips plus an IEM for $5 top up haha.
OK Thank You very much.

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #2,120 of 3,312
after trying so many tips, i always come back to final audio - typ-e.

Oct 16, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #2,121 of 3,312
I have similar issues and I've had the best luck with foam tips, especially the Misodiko ones that Moondrop rebrands and includes with some of their IEMs. TPE tips like Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec and Liquid Silicon Rubber (LSR) tips like Azla SednaEarfit Crystal are next best. 7Hz includes a pair of what appears to be an off-brand Crystal eartip with the Dioko, and Moondrop includes a new kind of off-brand Xelastec eartip with their new Stellaris. I've also had decent experiences with the Spinfit CP100 Plus, which is made of a higher quality silicone than the normal CP100.
Thanks for this. I’d been wondering what the “plus” distinction was addressing between similarly numbered SKUs in Spinfit’s lineup.

Oct 16, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #2,122 of 3,312
What about the "sonicfoam" foam tips? Ive just bought these for my Sony XM4 buds

I have designed and printed out a tips storage box
DSCF8307.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #2,125 of 3,312
I have by chance TWS philips tat3217, and strangly the L size is small for me. So i need to find a new one that fits me but the nosle looke strange very small and not tipical size?

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #2,126 of 3,312
I have by chance TWS philips tat3217, and strangly the L size is small for me. So i need to find a new one that fits me but the nosle looke strange very small and not tipical size?
You need to be careful with eartips for TWS. If you fit anything with a different profile than the original tips, You may find that the earpieces do not make proper contact with the case. If that happens they may not charge. When it happens it's a real PITA. :triportsad:

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #2,127 of 3,312
What about the "sonicfoam" foam tips? Ive just bought these for my Sony XM4 buds

I have designed and printed out a tips storage box
DSCF8307.JPG
Nice storage!

Oct 23, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #2,128 of 3,312
Hello, is there any difference between SONY tips EP-EX10AB.AE (black) and EP-EX10AW.AE (white) except for the tip colour? The white ones resemble the hybrid silicon stock tips provided as accessory with SONY IER-Z1R.

Oct 25, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #2,129 of 3,312
Any suggestions for eartips that is good for bqeyz topaz? Topaz nozzle stem are too short. T3 plus fits me best the stem are long enough.

Both the eartips included with topaz don't fit well because of the short stem

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #2,130 of 3,312
Any suggestions for eartips that is good for bqeyz topaz? Topaz nozzle stem are too short. T3 plus fits me best the stem are long enough.

Both the eartips included with topaz don't fit well because of the short stem
SpinFit CP100 are longer than most and work well on BL-03 which is infamous for shallow fit and short nozzle! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back