Best IEM tips?
Oct 9, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #2,102 of 3,349
Too bad... 😣😬

Oct 11, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #2,103 of 3,349
Excuse me if these have been mentioned before, but they seem to be relatively new:

1665465972714.png

Oct 11, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #2,105 of 3,349
Got myself the Spintfit CP240 double flange tips. How do you guys go about cleaning the ear wax off them, after each use??

Oct 11, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #2,106 of 3,349
Got myself the Spintfit CP240 double flange tips. How do you guys go about cleaning the ear wax off them, after each use??
Under no circumstance use the toilet brush!

keep your ears clean and dry.

You can use one of the small cleaning brushes that come with some IEMs

Nobody cleans the eartips every time they use them (perhaps they do and I'm the slob?)

Remove them from IEM and wash with warm water, a little soft soap added if they get really greasy

I suppose you could try a cotton bud with a little isopropyl alcohol on it or use an injection swab (no guarantee it won't damage tip material)

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #2,108 of 3,349
These aren't "new" (been out for, what, 6 months or so?), but if you're a fan of the Acoustune AET07, give the AEX07 a try. I find the latter to be (significantly?) more comfortable, for *my* ears, and thus far, no notable difference in impact on sound. I've been a fan of the AET07 since @gLer turned me on to them in late spring 2021.

Oct 11, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #2,109 of 3,349
Used the Sedna Max standard at a gig at the weekend. Relieved to say there was no ear irritation. I was pleased with the sound although I found the size, M/S, a little wide but I imagine I will get used to them. They were pricey at £19.60 from Amazon for two pairs but worth it if I can wear them from here on without any issues.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #2,110 of 3,349
Hello, during last 2 months I gathered some spare ear tips. I have been looking for a storage case for these tips.

As I do not want to have a mess with the ear tips, I would like to find a storage case equipped with spikes on which the ear tips can be placed.
Do you have any idea where I could buy such an empty (i.e. with no ear tips) storage case? Thanks a lot in advance for any recommendations.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #2,111 of 3,349
Hello, during last 2 months I gathered some spare ear tips. I have been looking for a storage case for these tips.

As I do not want to have a mess with the ear tips, I would like to find a storage case equipped with spikes on which the ear tips can be placed.
Do you have any idea where I could buy such an empty (i.e. with no ear tips) storage case? Thank a lot in advance for any recommendations.
Yes please :)

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #2,112 of 3,349
TRRH: That is great info! However, you do not have to overwhelm me with too many details. :smirk:
Any details are wholeheartedly appreciated. Thanks.:slight_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #2,114 of 3,349
While this is anecdotal, this is my impression from using the Spinfit w1 with the U12T/M20 modules for a long while lately.

The tips helped extending the soundstage a little bit, bass sounded cleaner while retaining the level of impact it had and making the overall sounds clearer for me.

They definitely added more enjoyment for my listening since they seal so well in my ears.

Some people compared them to the xelastec in term of materials, which probably explains why they feel sticky to the ears and why they seal so easily.

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #2,115 of 3,349
These aren't "new" (been out for, what, 6 months or so?), but if you're a fan of the Acoustune AET07, give the AEX07 a try. I find the latter to be (significantly?) more comfortable, for *my* ears, and thus far, no notable difference in impact on sound. I've been a fan of the AET07 since @gLer turned me on to them in late spring 2021.
There is a newer AEX70, which is off a completely different material. Its is said to be the same material as Spiral dots++ but it feels softer and thinner. It also molds to your ears with body heat, kind of like xelastec but it is completely reusable and regains its shape in room temperature. My preferred tips now on almost all my iems since the sound is relatively unchanged to my ears. By far its a lot more comfortable compared to w1, azla max and spiral dots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back