Best IEM tips?
Aug 31, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #1,981 of 3,304
f

Would you consider the Spinfit CP145 even more neutral than the W1? They seem to be the “neutral reference” for a lot of folks (along with the CP100). Or are the W1 basically the same tonality as the CP145 but with better soundstage?

They’re very close. The W1 gives me a better seal, so they sound a little more “present.” The CP145 sound a little brighter to me than the W1. Of the two I’d say the W1 beats the CP145 in neutrality but the difference is so slight that it could be easily chalked up to individual differences in ear shape and sound perception.

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #1,982 of 3,304
Some general thoughts on eartips:

I can't believe there are still manufacturers that haven't figure out one trivial thing about eartips: the best material/surface for the umbrella is probably not going to be the same as the best material/surface for the sound bore.

When it comes to the umbrella, there is a spectrum of matte-ness and tacky-ness. The more matte the surface is, the easier it is to insert deep but harder to stay there; the more tacky the surface is, the harder it is to insert deep but easier to stay there. To get a deep insertion, the #1 factor to achieve a good warm sound, the best umbrella surface is usually somewhere in the middle, varies by person (the best for me goes to Final E and Sedna Vivid).

When it comes to the inside of the sound bore, I find that the harder and more glossy (less matte) the surface is, the better the bass and treble extension and the overall definition of the sound. Some good examples would be Tanchjim T-APB, Whizzer ET100, Acoustune AET08: they use a completely different material for the bore. Some other good examples are Final E, AET07: they use the same material but a more glossy surface for the bore. I find that they generally have noticeably better bass/treble definition/extension than eartips whose bores are too soft or too matte, e.g. Sednaearfit (original), Final E TWS, Whizzer SS20, Spiral Dot, most SpinFits.

Next time a new eartip pops up that use the same material/surface for the bore and the umbrella, I won't be bothered to buy it. Either the umbrella is going to be too tacky to be inserted deep into my ears (e.g. Moondrop Spring, SpinFit W1), or the bore is too matte to sound good.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #1,983 of 3,304
Just got my Sedna Max. They have rocketed to the top of my list. Very comfortable, very balanced sound. Maybe a touch of accentuation on the bass but nowhere near that of the Sedna Light Short and definitely way less roll-off of the highs. I'd put it squarely between the Azla Crystal TWS (Crisp highs, ok bass) and the Sedna Light Shorts (thick bass, soft highs). The Max is kind of the Goldilocks. My current rankings (On the MEST MK2) are:
1. Sedna Max
2a. Final TWS
2b. E-Pro TWS
3. Azla Crystal TWS
4. Sedna Light Short
5. Final Type E

Those I would consider Tier 1. Tier 2, I'm not going to rank in order and I find are all interchangeable. They all either have a slightly worse effect on the sound or comfort issues: SpinFit CP100/CP145/CP360/CP1025, Azla Elastitech, Spiral Dot OG

Tier 3 are all pretty much unusable to me, either due to comfort/fit being impossible or very negative sound quality: Spinfit CP500/CP155/CP240, SymbioW, ePro EP00, Sedna Light.
Interesting. I too rank AZLA SednaEarfit Max as my No. 1st tips. Howeve, I would rank SpinFit CP100-M the 2nd best tips.

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #1,984 of 3,304
I received a pair of Spinfits CP100s last week, they're way more mediocre than I remembered them being 6 years ago.

On the other hand, whomever suggested those AZLA SednaEarfit MAXs is a freaking genius. I just received mine and boy are they something else. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Also yes. I think these might be endgame for me.
Interesting impressions @BigGearHunter experience as I have had the reverse journey: tried SpinFit100's a few years ago and found them "fiddly" and unimpressive. Went back to them recently with my Empire Ears ESR MKII and like them very much, really nice fit and sound. I do agree with you about the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX, they are excellent as well. Just reminds us how impressions can differ over time and different individuals / gear.

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #1,985 of 3,304
Finally got around to ordering the Sedna MAX Standards too, thanks to the sudden praise on these last couple of pages. I liked their Xelastec tips quite a bit early on but thought they were too sticky? tacky? and they've kinda lost their shape pretty fast, so I'm hoping the MAXs will be equally as good but without the flaws.

But yeah. Expensive. Sheesh. 40 euros for the MS/M/ML set.

The Spinfit W1s also seem pretty interesting, might order a set of those too.

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #1,986 of 3,304
I have received mine this day.

I will trying them tomorrow = subway 😉

So, Raptgo Silica Gel Adaptive Eartips :

https://www.linsoul.com/products/raptgo-silica-gel

Very, very good news : it's excellent. Absolutely excellent.

With my FiiO FH9, my ultimate reference remains the Canal Works Gel Wide Bore, but with my Kaiser Encore, the Raptgo Adaptive Eartips have... rapted the place. 😋😅

The fit is more secure than with the CW already mentioned, the phonic isolation is excellent (parisian subway) and... sonics are excellent.

No real coloration, very open, impact... Very, very, recommanded, really. 😎👍

And, it's relatively cheap. 👏

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #1,987 of 3,304
Little tips.... about elite tips (or how to make it yourself :beerchug: ).

You love the Canal Works 肉球 Gel (narrow or wide bore), but, unfortunately, the fit is not so good with some of your beloved uiem's...

But... fortunately, the fit with the mighty Raptgo Silica Gel Adaptive Eartips is very good. :L3000:

Easy (really easy) :

Remove the gel of the "Canal Works 肉球 Gel" And put it into the Raptgo Silica Gel Adaptive Eartips.

Guaranteed success. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My 2 cts.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #1,988 of 3,304

With my FiiO FH9, my ultimate reference remains the Canal Works Gel Wide Bore, but with my Kaiser Encore, the Raptgo Adaptive Eartips have... rapted the place. 😋😅

The fit is more secure than with the CW already mentioned, the phonic isolation is excellent (parisian subway) and... sonics are excellent.

Interesing, been hearing a lot about those. What makes them different from others? They seem so standard.

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,989 of 3,304
They’re very close. The W1 gives me a better seal, so they sound a little more “present.” The CP145 sound a little brighter to me than the W1. Of the two I’d say the W1 beats the CP145 in neutrality but the difference is so slight that it could be easily chalked up to individual differences in ear shape and sound perception.
Well after some experimenting with Azla Max and Spinfit W1 tips on my Moondrop Kato I think the W1 are my favorite alongside the stock Spring Tips. The reason? the W1 preserves and dare to say enhances the beautiful rumbly organic quality of the Kato. It doesn't sound much different from the Spring Tips, but the W1 also enhances the soundstage and in doing so it adds an extra sense of clarity without sacrificing warmness. The Azla Max of course sound great, but they are so perfect and precise that make me miss a more organic approach on the Kato (they are my go to for my S12 without any doubt). The only advantage the Spring tips have over the W1 is that the upper mids/lower treble feels a bit less aggressive, but not by much. I wonder why would this be tho given the Sprint tips have wider bore and sit closer to the ear canal?

Anyway, I should mention that I tried the W1 before and didn't love it, but yesterday I remembered something crucial about the Spring tips that didn't do back then; because of their oval design they can (and shall) be introduced deeper in the ear canal than regular tips, allowing them to have proper seal. So I proceed to go deeper and voilà! they came to life with excellence.

Now with my S12 + Azla Max I have my powerful analytical listening experience, and with my Kato + SpringTips/W1 I have a perfectly beautiful organic listening experience.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,990 of 3,304
Interesing, been hearing a lot about those. What makes them different from others? They seem so standard.

Raptgo Adaptive Ear Tips

Bore size: regular
Stem length: regular
Feel: pliable and firm
Bass: 4.25
Midrange: 5.0
Treble: 4.0
Soundstage: 4.0
Vocal presence: 4.25

These eartips from Raptgo come with pivoting cap design similar to that in SpinFit. They add “round-meatiness” (a.k.a smoothness and body) to the music without clouding the lower-midrange. The vocals are forward but still very pleasant. I would rank its sonic signatures between SpinFit CP-145 and Final Audio Type E eartips. Same as Audiosense S400.

From this site

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #1,991 of 3,304

Bro I was gonna buy another set but it's out of stock now

Sep 1, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #1,992 of 3,304
Sep 1, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #1,994 of 3,304
Finally got around to ordering the Sedna MAX Standards too, thanks to the sudden praise on these last couple of pages. I liked their Xelastec tips quite a bit early on but thought they were too sticky? tacky? and they've kinda lost their shape pretty fast, so I'm hoping the MAXs will be equally as good but without the flaws.

But yeah. Expensive. Sheesh. 40 euros for the MS/M/ML set.

The Spinfit W1s also seem pretty interesting, might order a set of those too.

So far the MAX doesn’t deform like the Xelastic for me. I doubt it will since they’re made from a different kind of silicon.

Sep 1, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #1,995 of 3,304
Well, my personal hall of fame :

1/ Canal Works CW Dual Nozzle 《肉球》”Nikukyuu” (CWU-GDECM) or Canal Works CW Single Nozzle 《肉球》”Nikukyuu” (CWU-GECM). (different form factor and bore size)*.
2/ Raptgo Adaptive Eartips with Canal Works Gel = "DSW 888 Gel" 😎😇
3/ Raptgo Adaptive Eartips.

And then, rest of the world... 😜

* my own "DSW 777 Gel" are a XL custom made version of the Canal Works CW Single Nozzle 《肉球》”Nikukyuu” (CWU-GECM). 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back