Best IEM tips?
Aug 13, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #1,951 of 3,313
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #1,952 of 3,313
Thought I'd circle back & confirm the crystals are still working well, without deforming. Really happy with them.
So, still using the same pair with my WF1000XM4 just about daily, look, feel & perform as good as new.

I’ve put the other pair onto my LZ A7 in-ears which fit, just.. get a great seal which I’ve had issues with on these in-ears using other tips such as Spinfits & Comply.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #1,953 of 3,313
Sednaearfit Vivid is probably my favorite Sednaearfit atm. If you are too looking for a maximal bass-to-upper-mid ratio, the Vivid is a must try. The best two tips for this purpose I've found so far are Vivid and Tanchjim T300T, with T300T being more subbass-focused and Vivid more midbass-focused.

The down side is that both are extremely expensive. T300T goes for $15 for a pair in your size and Vivid is only available as a whole set for $19

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #1,954 of 3,313
Sednaearfit Vivid is probably my favorite Sednaearfit atm. If you are too looking for a maximal bass-to-upper-mid ratio, the Vivid is a must try. The best two tips for this purpose I've found so far are Vivid and Tanchjim T300T, with T300T being more subbass-focused and Vivid more midbass-focused.

The down side is that both are extremely expensive. T300T goes for $15 for a pair in your size and Vivid is only available as a whole set for $19
I’m using the Vivid with my Fiio FD5. Great pairing. Another member has told me Vivid is actually on sale on Amazon Jp at the mo.

Aug 19, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #1,956 of 3,313
Another recommendation for the Tanchjim T300T tips. Expensive, but worth it. They've been pretty reliable as the best sounding choice for my recent IEM acquisitions. They seem to run a bit small, I need the L size, when in most other single flange tips I take a M, or ML if offered.

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,957 of 3,313
AET/KBEAR 07/08 IMO is the easiest eartip to recommend in terms of sound. They are just incredibly loud across the entire frequency range, and something about that feels right to me. The mid is almost as loud as my most mid-centric tips, yet the bass and treble is more prominent. The bass is almost as loud as my most bass-heavy tips, yet the mid and treble is more forward. Same goes for the treble. The extension on both ends are excellent. They are probably the only tips that I'd need to adjust the amplifier volume on when I do tip comparisons. Not to mention how easily accessible and how inexpensive they are. The perfect reference eartip IMO.

07 vs 08: 07 is a bit warmer in the midrange. 08's midrange is brighter, more similar to Final E. That's the only difference I can hear.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #1,958 of 3,313
AET/KBEAR 07/08 IMO is the easiest eartip to recommend in terms of sound. They are just incredibly loud across the entire frequency range, and something about that feels right to me. The mid is almost as loud as my most mid-centric tips, yet the bass and treble is more prominent. The bass is almost as loud as my most bass-heavy tips, yet the mid and treble is more forward. Same goes for the treble. The extension on both ends are excellent. They are probably the only tips that I'd need to adjust the amplifier volume on when I do tip comparisons. Not to mention how easily accessible and how inexpensive they are. The perfect reference eartip IMO.

07 vs 08: 07 is a bit warmer in the midrange. 08's midrange is brighter, more similar to Final E. That's the only difference I can hear.
Agreed, sound great and the large size fit me perfectly. The only reason I use the 08s are if the nozzle is small and the 07 tips stay behind in my ear (which I hate). A five pack of the 07's cost about the same as one pair of SpinFits.

KBEAR 08 are 3.3mm so great for things like CCA CA16 (and presumably DQ6).

KBEAR 07 are 4.4mm so work with most regular sized nozzles. Better range of sizes gives me more options, particularly for deeper insertions. If I ever get a Blessing 2 Dusk I'll just tell them to grit their teeth and hold their breath, while I stretch it to get the tip to fit. I could buy a pair of CP155 I suppose. But they would cost more and I won't have a pair on hand "just in case".

My pet peeve with IEM manufacturers is that they give you all the measurements (including length and impedance of the chain in the staff loo). But they never tell you the diameter of the bloody nozzle (sound port, whatever). It's like being sold a camera and having to guess what the lens mount is!

Aug 21, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #1,959 of 3,313
My ears seem happy with SpinFit CP100 S with all my IEMs's (IER-M9, K10U, FD7, WF-1000XM4) apart for my small bore SE846's where I still use Westone Star tips.

Aug 21, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #1,960 of 3,313
That's it. I broke the Kaiser Encore code with the "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Wide Bore" tips...

These were the FH9's that gave me the right solution. 👍

As for how to place the tips on the cannula : there in a way to put in, but not too far. 😎

Otherwise bad insulation and sounds off, muddy, flat, fade, etc.

Again, transfigured intras. 😇✌️

From now on, all my little beasts are equipped with those tips, narrow or wide bore, to get the best shaping, fitting and isolation.

Simply awesome = no flaws at all (no coloring tones, no hardnesses, no imbalances, no compressed dynamics, no flat soudstage...). Just perfect.

If you fit it, you get it, and this is the real thing, I think.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #1,961 of 3,313
That's it. I broke the Kaiser Encore code with the "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Wide Bore" tips...

These were the FH9's that gave me the right solution. 👍

As for how to place the tips on the cannula : there in a way to put in, but not too far. 😎

Otherwise bad insulation and sounds off, muddy, flat, fade, etc.

Again, transfigured intras. 😇✌️

From now on, all my little beasts are equipped with those tips, narrow or wide bore, to get the best shaping, fitting and isolation.

Simply awesome = no flaws at all (no coloring tones, no hardnesses, no imbalances, no compressed dynamics, no flat soudstage...). Just perfect.

If you fit it, you get it, and this is the real thing, I think.
Thanks @DaveStarWalker ... intrigued. Do you have a purchase link for these?

Aug 21, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #1,962 of 3,313
Thanks @DaveStarWalker ... intrigued. Do you have a purchase link for these?

Yes,

This is the wide bore version :

https://www.amazon.co.jp/カナルワークス-ジェル入りイヤーチップ太め-イヤーピースMサイズ-猫の肉球のように柔らかい-CWU-GDECM/dp/B0991X5ZWH

And the narrow bore version :

https://www.amazon.co.jp/カナルワークス-ジェル入りイヤーチップ細め-イヤーピースMサイズ-猫の肉球のように柔らかい-CWU-GECM/dp/B0991HN97Q

Form factors are different. Be careful.

So the wide bore version are compatible with my Kaiser Encore and FH9, the narrow bore version with my Ringo and F111.

Aug 21, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,963 of 3,313
Isn't an F111 a little large to stick in your ear?
f-111-lead.jpg

Aug 22, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #1,964 of 3,313
Isn't an F111 a little large to stick in your ear?
f-111-lead.jpg

LOL 😁😂

And technically, you're right.

Mine are the A... 111, a rare version of the F... 111, made my FitEar for Alo Audio, USA market. ✌️

As I know, the tuning is the same. 🤔

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #1,965 of 3,313
Tried most of the common eartips and the Symbio W Peel has the most comfortable fit. Many people enjoy foam tips but they never work on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back