Best IEM tips?
Sep 2, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #2,011 of 3,289
Little tips.... about elite tips (or how to make it yourself :beerchug: ).

You love the Canal Works 肉球 Gel (narrow or wide bore), but, unfortunately, the fit is not so good with some of your beloved uiem's...

But... fortunately, the fit with the mighty Raptgo Silica Gel Adaptive Eartips is very good. :L3000:

Easy (really easy) :

Remove the gel of the "Canal Works 肉球 Gel" And put it into the Raptgo Silica Gel Adaptive Eartips.

Guaranteed success. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My 2 cts.

😎👍

Sep 2, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #2,012 of 3,289
Sold My Canal Works Wide Bore is the most regretful thing in 2022:sob:

Sep 2, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #2,013 of 3,289
Biggest staging?

I would say Spiral Dots #1, and... Canal Works Gel, wide bore. 😉
And the original Jomo's tips (like XXL Tennmak Whirlwind) = perhaps the widest bore I know.... :ksc75smile:

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #2,015 of 3,289
I'm pretty sure that once the bore uncovers the entire nozzle, bore size doesn't matter.
I am no longer sure about the size of the bores...

For years, I swore by large bores. Then since the Canal Works (narrow), and the Raptgo Adaptative, I don't know... :beyersmile:

With my Ringo, Kaiser Encore and A111 = narrow bores. With my FH9 = wide bore.

The real surprise is about my Kaiser Encore :

However, I have never had such a pure, open and uncoloured result. Except... with Canal Works Gel Wide bore...

Ball in the middle. :beerchug:

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #2,016 of 3,289
I am no longer sure about the size of the bores...

For years, I swore by large bores. Then since the Canal Works (narrow), and the Raptgo Adaptative, I don't know... :beyersmile:

With my Ringo, Kaiser Encore and A111 = narrow bores. With my FH9 = wide bore.

The real surprise is about my Kaiser Encore :

However, I have never had such a pure, open and uncoloured result. Except... with Canal Works Gel Wide bore...

Ball in the middle. :beerchug:
personally I really really liked the final E tips (not TWS), fit very deep with great comfort and sound was really great, but they still didn't uncover the full staging capabilities of some iems which was sad. if they'd make the normal final E tips with a wide bore (so no TWS version) those will be my favorite by far

Sep 2, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #2,017 of 3,289
The SednaEarfit MAX are the gift that keeps on giving for me. They pulled a feat that no other set of tips came close to accomplishing. They took my Moondrop SSPs from ear rape to super comfortable. Plus it's probably the best combo of IEM and eartips out in the game right now. The way these open up the sound and the comfort which was previously completely unavailable is amazing. I just went ahead and ordered the SSRs a few minutes ago, which I had put off since I could not get a comfortable fit for the SSPs for the life of me. I am in love with these eartips, it's embarrassing.

Oh, I believe there was a question about how these went along with the Kato. I received my Katos very recently and I can confidently say that, while they don't change the sound all that much, it's definitely not the tips I would pair the Katos with.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #2,018 of 3,289
The SednaEarfit MAX are the gift that keeps on giving for me. They pulled a feat that no other set of tips came close to accomplishing. They took my Moondrop SSPs from ear rape to super comfortable. Plus it's probably the best combo of IEM and eartips out in the game right now. The way these open up the sound and the comfort which was previously completely unavailable is amazing. I just went ahead and ordered the SSRs a few minutes ago, which I had put off since I could not get a comfortable fit for the SSPs for the life of me. I am in love with these eartips, it's embarrassing.

Oh, I believe there was a question about how these went along with the Kato. I received my Katos very recently and I can confidently say that, while they don't change the sound all that much, it's definitely not the tips I would pair the Katos with.
I was the one who asked about it, and yeah, agree. Kato being a Dynamic Driver needs this rumbly warm touch which the Max although great in preciseness, ultimately do not provide. For that I've found the stock Spring Tips and the Spinfit W1 do an impecable job, maybe the W1 a bit better over the ST, and I'm tempted to try the Spinfit CP155, although it seems it may not fit properly into the nozzle.

Sep 7, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #2,019 of 3,289
15D07A2A-973A-4A96-A9E9-E3543C3CE88D.jpg

Probably one of the most comfortable tips I have tried so far, material is suppose to be the same as what JVC uses on the Spiral Dots ++, but this is quite a bit thinner and softer.

Initial impressions, bass as directly compared to the AEX07 is slightly lesser, treble extension improves. Overall a clear and unaltered sound profile

Sep 7, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #2,020 of 3,289
Still getting used to the Sedna MAXs on my Penon Globes (got the tips yesterday) so I can't really compare them to my other tips yet, but wow, first impressions are positive indeed. I think the bass got boosted a bit too much even for me me compared to the ePro horn tips I used before, but I got used to it real fast and now they sound really damn good. Comfort is top notch too.

I did end up ordering a set of Spinfit W1s too though, so I'm very curious to see which one rises to the top for me between these three. Hopefully I get them by this weekend, would have a lot of time to compare them since I don't have anything planned.

Edit: what's the point of the tiny black silicon plug things that come with the MAXs, btw?

Edit 2: oh, they're adapters for IEMs with small nozzles. Those plugs are tiny though, gotta have some damn narrow nozzles lol.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #2,022 of 3,289
One more vote for the Sedna MAX.

I bought the set of 3 sizes (M, ML and L for me) which I highly recommend for anyone with a bunch of IEMs (which would be… most of us?)

They arrived yesterday and by the end of the evening, all 3 sizes had found homes on different IEMs and the box was empty save for the nozzle adapters.

Sonically they come across as being very open and natural in that they don’t colour or change the sound of a transducer, but rather amplify its qualities. And they are extremely comfortable. I find them true to size - I usually take ML in Spiral Dots, and ML fits best here as well, although the M and L work for me on IEMs with different fit/insertion depth.

They’re kind of spendy but right now they work so well for me that if I were to embark on this whole tip-rolling business again, I’d do better saving all that money and just buying these for all my IEMs.

Sep 7, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #2,023 of 3,289
I'll be the bad guy and give one down vote to the Max. I think the Max has probably the best material in terms of minimizing skin irritation, but sound-wise it is debatable. Let me explain.

The current silicone lineup of Sednaearfit the consists of the Vivid, the Max and the Short. The Max has a medium-wide bore, the Short has a wide bore, the Vivid is narrow at the bottom but wide at the opening. The common trait of the three is the non-glossy sound bore, which sacrifices top and bottom end extension for a more relaxed (acoustically diffused) presentation. The Short, being the widest bore model, has the least amount of uppermids resonance (the very opposite of, say, Final E). The rolled-off top and bottom end, combined with the relaxed midrange, make the Short a uniquely relaxing-sounding eartips. In fact, the Short is probabaly the dullest-sounding eartip in my collection. So dull that almost no detail in my music pops in front of my face anymore. So dull, yet so natural. The Vivid and Max tries to "correct" the Short by adding some extra excitement (Max being brighter in the midrange, Vivid being brighter overall), but they take away the magic of the relaxing sound.

If I have no eartips and I have to buy a Sednaearfit, I'd buy the Max. If I have all the eartips in the world and I can only keep one Sednaearfit, I'd keep the Short. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #2,024 of 3,289

I bought the set of 3 sizes (M, ML and L for me) which I highly recommend for anyone with a bunch of IEMs (which would be… most of us?)

They arrived yesterday and by the end of the evening, all 3 sizes had found homes on different IEMs and the box was empty save for the nozzle adapters.

Sonically they come across as being very open and natural in that they don’t colour or change the sound of a transducer, but rather amplify its qualities. And they are extremely comfortable. I find them true to size - I usually take ML in Spiral Dots, and ML fits best here as well, although the M and L work for me on IEMs with different fit/insertion depth.

They’re kind of spendy but right now they work so well for me that if I were to embark on this whole tip-rolling business again, I’d do better saving all that money and just buying these for all my IEMs.
You and I had pretty much the same experience and impressions. Kudos!

Sep 7, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #2,025 of 3,289

actually for spiral dots i'm using ML but for Max i'm on MS instead, pretty weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back