Best IEM tips?
Sep 10, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #2,041 of 3,289
MD Jaques posted measurement of the Max for the first time today.

Screenshot 2022-09-10 11.05.21.png

According this measurement, the midrange warmth (upper-mids relative to mid-bass) is T300T > Spring > Max > ET100 > Light > Final E.
Treble brightness relative to bass is Spring > T300T > Max > Light > ET100 > Final E.
This all pretty much agrees with my impression except for the Spring tips. Perhaps the brightness of the Spring really overshadows the hint of warmth in the midrange.
The Short / Light Short will sound warmer than the Light, assuming that you can have the same insertion depth, but the mellow-ness is already in display here: it lacks in every frequency except the upper-treble that you can't hear.
Also keep in mind that the actual difference is more audible than what is depicted. Frequency response doesn't fully capture the impact of and the fatigue caused by resonance.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #2,043 of 3,289
I’ve been using SpinFit tips on a few of my IEMs and they are really comfy
Kev
Yah Spinfits are really good, trying to find something else for my Pneuma but true, Spinfit never goes wrong

Sep 15, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #2,044 of 3,289
Been trying to chase down the widest-bore eartips. I wasn't disappointed.
From left to right is Sedna Short, Sprial Dot++, T300T, BGVP W01, Tennmak Whirlwind
Sprial Dot++ has a wider opening than bore, T300T has a wider bore than opening, the other three are rather uniform.

Only T300T and Whirlwind has a glossy surface. As a result, their bass and treble sound noticeably more extended than the other three.
The widest Whirlwind really wow'd me. It sound like a pair of speakers played in a room larger than the rest. Music sound wider, deeper and more open.

The sizing of BGVP W01 and Tennmak Whirlwind really sucks. Going from S to M is like jumping up three sizes in Final E / Senda. The build quality is suspect too. The umbrella material is also a downgrade from the rest. They don't grip very well. The design of the Whirlwind is also problematic in that the "lock" at the bottom of the bore is too wide to lock onto some of my IEM nozzles. But the sound, oh the sound. I may need to check out other colors of the Whirlwind to see if the build quality differs.

Photo Sep 15, 2 24 55 PM.jpg

Sep 15, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #2,045 of 3,289
Been trying to chase down the widest-bore eartips. I wasn't disappointed.
From left to right is Sedna Short, Sprial Dot++, T300T, BGVP W01, Tennmak Whirlwind
Sprial Dot++ has a wider opening than bore, T300T has a wider bore than opening, the other three are rather uniform.

Only T300T and Whirlwind has a glossy surface. As a result, their bass and treble sound noticeably more extended than the other three.
The widest Whirlwind really wow'd me. It sound like a pair of speakers played in a room larger than the rest. Music sound wider, deeper and more open.

The sizing of BGVP W01 and Tennmak Whirlwind really sucks. Going from S to M is like jumping up three sizes in Final E / Senda. The build quality is suspect too. The umbrella material is also a downgrade from the rest. They don't grip very well. The design of the Whirlwind is also problematic in that the "lock" at the bottom of the bore is too wide to lock onto some of my IEM nozzles. But the sound, oh the sound. I may need to check out other colors of the Whirlwind to see if the build quality differs.

Photo Sep 15, 2 24 55 PM.jpg
Thanks for this, I’ve been thinking of checking out other wide-bore tips for my Andro2020. I’m mostly happy with standard Azla Sedna Earfits, but they can get a little uncomfortable in my left ear on an extended session, perhaps something just a tad smaller or softer might do the trick.

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #2,046 of 3,289
Thanks for this, I’ve been thinking of checking out other wide-bore tips for my Andro2020. I’m mostly happy with standard Azla Sedna Earfits, but they can get a little uncomfortable in my left ear on an extended session, perhaps something just a tad smaller or softer might do the trick.
Maybe the light version would do?

Sep 15, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #2,047 of 3,289
Maybe the light version would do?
It's the EarFitLight Azla ones that I have on the Andro atm which most of the time are fine. The wide bore lets the upper mids & treble really shine which to me is what the Andro is all about. It's just when I use them for 90minutes+ that they can get a little uncomfortable...

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #2,049 of 3,289
aex70 my current fave. Comfort that rivals spiral dots ++, grip similar to azla crystals, slightly molding to your ears like xelastec, all with a neutral sound and sweet vocals

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #2,050 of 3,289
An interesting experience that I would like to share. A little story, but very edifying, as I think. 😉

So I just picked up some Aure Audio Elixir. Great product, in my top 3 of the best uiem's I know.

Given the shape, the cannula (a relatively long one, and wide top end, 3 bores), I put on Canal Works "cat's paw", gel, wide bore. Exceptional results.

All my other tips are pouting.

But, taken by a sudden inspiration, I decide to put instead... the Canal Works "cat's paw" narrow bore this time... The ones mounted on my Aure Ringo (short cannula yet, and relatively narrow top end, 2 bores... 🤔).

It goes in! (whereas it was impossible to put them on the cannulas of my Kaiser Encore = too wide).

And the results !!! 😎😎😎

Super awesome is too weak to describe the sonic earthquake that struck me....

Shocking. Just shocking. All criteria.

That's all folks. 😄🎉

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #2,051 of 3,289
Okay, so I'm thinking of getting some new tips but what tips don't leak sound that much? I have one of the Spinfits and after a certain threshold, it's so easy to hear it a mile away even from an all BA IEM with no vents. Is the newer W1 better or all the Spinfits like that? Or something else? Audiosense S400?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #2,052 of 3,289
Late night thumbs. Deleted

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #2,053 of 3,289
I have two favourites.
The AZLA SednaEarfit Xelatec and the Final E Tips.

The Xelatec are damn sticky and have a very good seal. But if you take your in-ears out of your ears more often, it can get a little uncomfortable.
The Final E Tips actually always fit. The bass is boosted and the mids don't get thin. What I noticed here is that the size of the tips vary depending on the in-ear. I need size S for many and size M for some. That's why I stocked up on both sizes here.

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #2,054 of 3,289
The Xelastec are my third favorites 👍.

Very sticky, not durable (but you just have to be a little careful. No hot water ! 🔥🙄💦), a relative narrow soundstage (but deep, if the uiem's and the music are) and colored (medium forward).

But for what remains, only good things. 👍

By far the best alternative to foam tips as I think. 😎

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #2,055 of 3,289
Okay, so I'm thinking of getting some new tips but what tips don't leak sound that much? I have one of the Spinfits and after a certain threshold, it's so easy to hear it a mile away even from an all BA IEM with no vents. Is the newer W1 better or all the Spinfits like that? Or something else? Audiosense S400?
Foams are pretty much the last word for isolation. The hybrids silicon tips with foam filling between the core and the flange are more convenient if you are taking IEMs off often. I like the Tennmak foams and EarTlogis Mix460.

TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Memory Foam Eartips
EalTlogis Mix460

Users who are viewing this thread

Back