Best IEM tips?
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #1,171 of 3,313
Thanks, wasn't logged in so I didn't see that they're shipping to Germany.

I'm using most of the time my Fiio FH3. So the Series E tips should be good for elevating the great bass of the FH3?
I'm looking for tips for a bassy sound (not elevating the mids nor the highs) with a good soundstage. And of course good fit and nice isolation.

Or are there other suggestions?

Using right now the black-red stock tips (elevating the bass) of the FH3.

Edit: Tried to order them over amazon.com, the seller is not shipping to Germany.

Edit 2: Do the Final Audio E500 or E1000 IEMs have the E Series tips included? I could order them in Germany for under 25€. Would be cheaper than importing just the tips.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #1,172 of 3,313

I'm using most of the time my Fiio FH3. So the Series E tips should be good for elevating the great bass of the FH3?
I'm looking for tips for a bassy sound (not elevating the mids nor the highs) with a good soundstage. And of course good fit and nice isolation.

Edit: Tried to order them over amazon.com, the seller is not shipping to Germany.

Edit 2: Do the Final Audio E500 or E1000 IEMs have the E Series tips included? I could order them in Germany for under 25€. Would be cheaper than importing just the tips.
You get all the sizes of the Type E tips in the entire E lineup, (E500,E1000,E2000,E3000,E4000,E5000)

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,173 of 3,313
Has anyone tried the Final Audio Type A/B/C tips? Seems that only the Type E is known and is out of stock quite often.

1609863303438.png
I have the A Type and I use them in my FD01 and I really like them.
Got them in white. Are very soft and flexible.
I will post later this week pictures with A and E which I just got from a friend.

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #1,174 of 3,313
I have the A Type and I use them in my FD01 and I really like them.
Got them in white. Are very soft and flexible.
I will post later this week pictures with A and E which I just got from a friend.
Thanks, comparisons between them is appreciated. (especially on fit (if they are any different on that) and sound.)

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #1,176 of 3,313
Did not had the time to make a sound comparison but as fit goes the A is larger in exterior diameter somehow, and the hole is narrower.
Definitely the materials are different.
Does it give you a deeper fit or similar?

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,178 of 3,313
Jan 6, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #1,179 of 3,313

I'm liking Spinfit 145 the best (4.5mm bore, but with that pinch for swiveling that narrows a bit but then widens back to 4.5), then 2nd, other ~4.5mm tips on the FH3, (KZ star line, and some generic tip).

Narrower, like Final E and two of the stock tips restrain the bass and treble too much for my preference. Probably closest to neutral I've heard on FH3.

Wider, like Azla Xelestec and stock "bass" tips have too much treble and too little mid-bass for me. Seems to be more sub-bass here than on narrower like Final E, etc.

As for 4.5mm tips, the Spinfit's pinched part for swiveling ups the mid-bass and tames treble a bit more than the other two completely straight-bore 4.5mm.

Spinfit is probably too much bass/too dark for average audiophile, other 4.5mm is nice sub-bass focus with more/not too much upper-mids lower treble, probable U-shaped vs Spinfit 145 L-shape tuning. Wider bore feels like reverse L in comparison. Narrower is a softer U than 4.5mm.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #1,181 of 3,313
I ordered Final Type E eartips and also Faudio FA Instrument eartips for be able to get free shipment. They arrived 2 days ago, didn't try Type E tips yet, but i gave Faudio tips a try.

They are really good, very comfortable. They increases bass and subbass significantly and not touching mids and highs so much. If you looking for tips to improve bass and subbass frequencies, Faudio FA Instrument tips are recommended.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #1,182 of 3,313
I wonder, are there other tips like the Mandarin Symbios that offer an XS option? I quite like the sound of them but the Symbios only come in S which is painful to my ears.
Found the ReeYear on Amazon: link

For $10 USD, I gave them a try. As my ear canal is not friendly to silicone tips; as they tend to walk out of my left ear, because they deform when inserted. The Mandarin like (foam fill) allows these tips to retain enough of their spherical shape, that they stay put, in my finicky earhole.

1610115245130.png

Mandarin photips.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #1,183 of 3,313
Found the ReeYear on Amazon: link

For $10 USD, I gave them a try. As my ear canal is not friendly to silicone tips; as they tend to walk out of my left ear, because they deform when inserted. The Mandarin like (foam fill) allows these tips to retain enough of their spherical shape, that they stay put, in my finicky earhole.

1610115245130.png
Mandarin photips.jpg
so like...a rip off from Symbio and cheaper?

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,184 of 3,313
Does anyone have a comparison between the Acoustune tips? I'm looking at the following AET07, AET07a, AET08, and AET08a tips. I'd hate to buy them all! I usually use bigger tips like the largest sizes for the Azla Earfits, Spiral Dots, Sony tips EX tips and so on. I've been hearing lots of good stuff about Acoustune tips so I "must" get some in hand.

For the record, it's clear to me that one tip does not conquer all as each tip must match the physical attributes of the IEM and bore not to mention the sound signature of the IEM. Hence I have many tips and sometimes I don't get to choose which tip goes on an IEM.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,185 of 3,313
Does anyone have a comparison between the Acoustune tips? I'm looking at the following AET07, AET07a, AET08, and AET08a tips. I'd hate to buy them all! I usually use bigger tips like the largest sizes for the Azla Earfits, Spiral Dots, Sony tips EX tips and so on. I've been hearing lots of good stuff about Acoustune tips so I "must" get some in hand.

For the record, it's clear to me that one tip does not conquer all as each tip must match the physical attributes of the IEM and bore not to mention the sound signature of the IEM. Hence I have many tips and sometimes I don't get to choose which tip goes on an IEM.

Thanks in advance.
1610217716530.png

The AET07/08 to me are like normal tips in size. I use large for all my tips, but ML with Azla´s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back