Best IEM tips?
Dec 28, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #1,141 of 3,226
Shure Olives foam tips are outstanding. If they fit on your IEM's, highly recommend them.

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,142 of 3,226
So I had enough play time with multiple BGVP tips over last few days and below is a short summary of my impressions -

W01/Y01 - Wide+Short bore. Very much similar to Spiral Dots and Whirlwinds. Brings much needed air to the higher frequencies without significant impact on the lows. The bass becomes loose albeit marginally but doesn't adversely affect to 'fun factor' Tips are very soft and the nozzle is very soft as well. The soft nozzle is sort of a drawback as they become loose and eventually begin popping off from the nozzles. And that's what makes them inferior to Whirlwinds which are way cheaper than W01/Y01 and Spiral Dots which are way more expensive.

S01 - Ultra wide bore. It is W01 on steroids with slightly longer bore length. The only advantage they have over W01 is their nozzle is very stiff and so far hasn't shown any sign of losing it's shape. SQ same as W01/Y01.

E01/A08 - Narrow bore. They are Starlines without stars. I couldn't perceive any visible difference between Starlines and these tips sonically. Fit wise both are comfortable and have good build quality.

E07 - Medium bore. They are jack of all trades tips. Very similar to what many Western brands add to their sets as stock tips. They give good seal to the ears and very comfortable. They don't impact SQ that much per se. Better fit and seal leads to better bass response but that is somewhat expected after getting a proper seal.

Long story short - They're little expensive tips as per Chi-Fi standards which cost almost $1 per pair. Some tips are underwhelming like W01, Y01 whereas there better cheaper alternatives available for others (Whirlwinds for W01 and Starlines for E01/A08) Apart from S01, there are hardly any tips for which I would prefer paying the current asking price. They are not bad it's just that in the world of Chi-Fi there are other cheaper+equivalent and expensive+better alternatives available.

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #1,143 of 3,226
Dec 30, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #1,144 of 3,226
Dec 30, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #1,145 of 3,226
Concur. I use both of these with vartious IEM's and they are my vavories as well.

Have you tried the xelastec or symbio? I would be curious how you (or anyone here) would compare final type e, azla earfit, xelastec and symbio. I have only tried the symbio f.

Dec 30, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #1,146 of 3,226
Have you tried the xelastec or symbio? I would be curious how you (or anyone here) would compare final type e, azla earfit, xelastec and symbio. I have only tried the symbio f.
Yes, I tried the Symbio W which are nice, well made tips containing both foam and silicone materials. I was hoping for the 'best of both worlds" but instead felt they delivered a somewhat muted, muddy sound compared to the EarFit, Final E. Not bad at all, just a notch less enjoyable for me.

I deferred on the Xelastic noting some users found it's material 'sticky" and was concerned it would irritate my ears.

Dec 30, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #1,147 of 3,226
Xelastec mid range focus, better imaging, less soundstage,
Azla earfit, smoother treble/upper mid, more soundstage, less imaging,
final type E, better imaging, bit more harsh in a good way,
honestly just buy every single one of them,
it's worth it,

Dec 30, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #1,148 of 3,226
it's worth it,
Nice observations, thanks @Strifeff7. Can you comment on the material the Xelastics are made of and the comfort factor?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #1,149 of 3,226
it's worth it,

Can't afford them all lol. I got symbio f but it does make the sound bit muddy. They are very comfortable though and high quality, but it sacrifices soundstage and perhaps the mids.

How would you say final type e's soundstage?

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #1,151 of 3,226
Is mtmt the only place to get spiral dots? Do they still make the non + spiral dots?

Thanks
You can get Spiral Dots from Penon, just not the large size.

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #1,153 of 3,226
Jan 3, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #1,154 of 3,226
Jan 3, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #1,155 of 3,226
Shows as currently unavailable to me.

That must be due to your location.
This is what I'm seeing -
Screenshot_20210103_Amazon-Spiral-Dot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back