Best IEM tips?
Dec 29, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #677 of 3,230
Exactly to size Spinfits are not necessary. You can get smaller bore eartips for more bass. Or a wider one for more treble and less bass.

But that Ibasso IT01S looks like it has a huge wide nozzle bore. Maybe the Cp360 (5.5mm inner nozzle) would fit it well. Incase you want to adjust bass, also buy a model with a smaller inner nozzle like the Cp100 (4mm inner nozzle) .

Thank-you @Infoseeker. For a relative newbie to the world of IEMs, I found that very informative. Previously I had been using mostly full-size headphones with my portable gear but now looking for more convenience, and better SQ, from a decent pair of IEMs.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #678 of 3,230
Thank-you @Infoseeker. For a relative newbie to the world of IEMs, I found that very informative. Previously I had been using mostly full-size headphones with my portable gear but now looking for more convenience, and better SQ, from a decent pair of IEMs.

Just to let you know, I edited my post due to model typos.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #679 of 3,230
Any tips like this in existence? Shaped like a horn. It's from here https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/112629

그림47.png

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #680 of 3,230
If you are referring to the inside, then you want the E-pro tips.

Also the Jvc SpiralDots.

And the AZLA SednaEarfits and the AZLA SednaEarfitsLight (i don't know, but I think Light refers to the color only)

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #683 of 3,230
The inside is getting wider as it goes. It just doesn't do it at such a sharp angle.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #684 of 3,230
If you are referring to the inside, then you want the E-pro tips.

Also the Jvc SpiralDots.

And the AZLA SednaEarfits and the AZLA SednaEarfitsLight (i don't know, but I think Light refers to the color only)

Light is a thinner material. It's more comfortable in the ear, but it may not hold as securely due to how pliable it is. It's comparable to spiraldot (standard earfit) vs spiraldot++ (earfit light)

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #687 of 3,230
I'm ordering some Azla SendaEarfit and SendaEarfitLight tips from Amazon Japan. If anyone in the United States has been interested in trying these and would like me to order for you and then send to you at cost so you either (1) Don't have to pay the shipping cost from Japan just to try out a pair or (2) if you just want a single pair in one pair each or two or three sizes (they normally come two pairs to a pack), let me know by PM and I will add your order to mine. I will let you know how much it will cost - should be about $5-6 USD per pair mailed to you (as opposed to $15 per pack as on Amazon US). I will receive the order and then mail out in a simple envelope by USPS first class mail the next day. You can contact my on this by Jan. 22.

I have spent a bunch of $ this month on tips to fill out a "tip rolling kit", and I am trying to keep costs down, so I really only need a pair each of the regular EarFits and the Lights in MS, M, and ML. I am willing to pass on the second pair in each pack at the cost I actually paid. Anyway, if interested, let me know by the 22nd.

~ Jon

PS - I can also order Earfit Shorts (shorter bore tube, shallower insertion) for anyone interested, but I am not personally interested in those, so I'd need takers for at least two pairs in any size.

First photo regular, second photo shorts.

51T1lps-PxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
61Eth8N2hOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #689 of 3,230
Ordered up some interesting shallow fit foam tips. Look like they're designed for TWS users.

Ikko i-planet tips.

Next to Medium and Small T400 tips.

I picked up some of these recently, but I have not yet found them to work well with my existing IEMs+ears. I can see how their shortness could make them the perfect fix for some problematic fit situation out there, though.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #690 of 3,230
I picked up some of these recently, but I have not yet found them to work well with my existing IEMs+ears. I can see how their shortness could make them the perfect fix for some problematic fit situation out there, though.

I picked them up to try on TWS, which usually have shallow fit tips to go into their charging cases.

Original tips vs ikko on left side of this pic. Right is vs small T400 foam.
PhotoGrid_1579135261533.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back