Best IEM tips?
Apr 2, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #166 of 3,241
All my Shure tips have finally kicked the bucket and lost their memory (Just big wads of spongy foam now), so I decided to give the Comply another go. The 400-1100Hz frequency range needs to be attenuated, there's a couple of small troughs in the highs that need to be bought up, but once they're fixed, they're really very enjoyable. :)

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #167 of 3,241
I don't think they will fit as the Pistons nozzle (~5mm) is double the diameter of Westone IEM nozzles (~2.5mm). 
Just mod the tips! Am using Sony hybrid silicone tips with my W4r, and I like alot! Only need a little works! :wink:

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #168 of 3,241
Just mod the tips! Am using Sony hybrid silicone tips with my W4r, and I like alot! Only need a little works!
wink.gif

Yep, this works to use tips with larger opening on IEMs with smaller nozzle, but the user wanted to use Westone tips (with small opening) with Xiaomi Pistons with much larger nozzle :p  

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #169 of 3,241
  I'm sorry, I have only a L size. L size is equal to UE900 M size tips. Here is same photos:

Sony Hybrid L size vs Lunashop's TF10 L size

Since you're familiar with UE900 tips:

From the left to right, UE900 M vs Lunashop's TF10 L vs UE900 L

UE900 M vs Lunashop's TF10 L

I must thank you for introducing me to these tips a few weeks ago.

For some time now I'd been struggling getting a fit on the left earpiece with my Aurisonics ASG-2. No matter what I tried from a huge collection of tips the left side would try and pull away from my ear canal. Many sessions were spent, sometimes to points of frustration. I went as far to order some silicon tubing to try and extend the nozzle reach.

Just as the tubing arrived today the tips you recommended also came in the same mail delivery. I didn't think much of it first, but on trying them they do exactly what I need for the ASG-2 and create a tight seal which 'pops' or folds on removal (this is a good thing)

Not only is the fit right, the important aspect of  sound was a concern. These tips sound just about spot on with my Aurisonics.

You're probably not aware how much freedom you have given me from continuous tip rolling, so thank you. 
smile.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #170 of 3,241
I mostly used ortofon tips or ocharaku spinfit tips on my past IEMs (sd2s and fitear f111) as thery're the most comfort tips I've tried

ortofon tips are slightly smaller than other silicone tips (ortofon L size is about equal in size to sony hybrid M)

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #171 of 3,241
Tried the Proguardz. Had difficulty getting a good fit (used the two middle sizes together) as the S-EM6's angled nozzle made it more difficult. I found they really chopped up the treble too, huge peak at 10k and then it all but disappeared after 12k with ~1k troughs that were inaudible.
Still I'm not going to give up just yet, I'll continue to play with them, but only due to their high regard. Otherwise, they'd already be in the back of a drawer.

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #177 of 3,241
Never tried any JVC IEMs, but I always have good fit and comfort with Comply tips, but they don't sound as good as Shure olive tips Future Sonics foam tips. The problem with Shure and Future Sonics tips is they only fit IEMs with small nozzles, I'm pretty sure all JVC models won't fit them. You can go to Comply website to see what variation fits your FX850.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #178 of 3,241
Oke i will fond on comply official web. You said Shure olive tips.yap. its quiet good i heard it too. But jvc fx85 nozzles is big compare to shure small nozzle.do you have any friend who use Dx90+ JVC HA-FX850 ?

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #180 of 3,241
The monster tri flanges(for bass) and Me elec biflanges(for balanced sound) are my favs.I do have a good history with comply t 400 tips in fit and isolation.But with the durability being an issue, i don' use those tips regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back