Best IEM tips?
Jul 21, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #601 of 3,301
I'm awestruck by the isolation performance of JVC Spiral Dots on the Andro. The tips seal ridiculously well that I think it's creating suction. Isolation seems comparable to Etymotics.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #603 of 3,301
Something I found interesting I've noticed with tips. The shape of the tips seems to change the response of the bass in terms of mid-bass emphasized or subs.

If the tips are like an umbrella like shape, you'd get a more subs emphasized response.
313gpzm8zBL._SX466_.jpg

And if the tips are like an olive shape being rounded and curving around to the bottom, you'd get a more mid-bass emphasis
01_22.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #605 of 3,301
I'm all about foam tips. I have a stock pile of New Bee/RIYO sets (s,m,l). But I've been converting to the Blue, Tin Audio tips, when the IEMs form factor allows for it. My ear canals are asymmetrical (left = l, right = m), but the one size fits all Tins work. My Fiio FA7s feel like a custom fit, with the Tins.

Here's a comparison to the New Bee, large
tips1.jpg

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #606 of 3,301
I'm all about foam tips. I have a stock pile of New Bee/RIYO sets (s,m,l). But I've been converting to the Blue, Tin Audio tips, when the IEMs form factor allows for it. My ear canals are asymmetrical (left = l, right = m), but the one size fits all Tins work. My Fiio FA7s feel like a custom fit, with the Tins.

Here's a comparison to the New Bee, large

Where you do buy (link?) Tin Audio tips by themselves, aside from with the IEM?

And for your asymmetrical ears, do you get the large or medium?

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #607 of 3,301
Sep 9, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #609 of 3,301
Sharing my best tips so far, may not works for everyone since our canals are unique.

The real Best of two world is here!

JVC spiral dots known for producing best sound, wider soundstage, reducing harsh peaks, and cut mid bass bleed, however for some people its isolation isnt the best to offer.
I got idea from my sony hybrid, and I bought symbio W also, took out symbio W orange memory foam and put inside JVC spiral dots, works quite good actually but a bit stiff.
So i got my spare comply memory foam S series, the one with wider pore. cut it, and put into JVC spiral dots. The result is amazing!! you got the best from JVC spiral dots with extra isolation and extra fit but not too tight and smoothly molded to your ear canal shape.

Here my tutorial with picture :
To bring back this wonderful mod, is that comply 400 500 or 600?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #610 of 3,301
To bring back this wonderful mod, is that comply 400 500 or 600?

Im using comply s400 but its not a must. Even using cheap memory foam eartips from ali will do. But that s400 are softer and fit better without too much force.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #614 of 3,301
I was asking to know the bore size.

oops ok yeah its 400, S is the type, 400 is the size.

How do you get the prcise opening?

you dont have to be exact precise, the inner bore of the memory foam are stretchable so you can just pull and stretch and put them there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back