Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP!
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #46 of 108
  Anyone into psy-trance? I'm also a huge fan of uplifting trance. Was shopping in the very top tier of universals (600+). Considering the Sennheiser IE 800's. Anyone got any insight on this tier of IEM's?

Yes and I'd recommend the GR07 over the IE800 for trance. The IE800 has a mountain of sub-bass that really takes over the sound imo, and the treble is a bit abrasive to my ears. The GR07 (either the regular version or the bass edition, they're not very different) has more linear accurate bass that still has plenty of slam and definition, and the highs are emphasized without being thin or abrasive. Basically they are the perfect trance earphone imo. 

Also tried the ASG-2, JH13, Roxanne, the Noble range of iems, the UERM, etc... If trance is your main thing I'd go with the GR07. Get the bass edition if you want just a little more bass. It's not even overdone imo. Of course I haven't heard any Dunu or T-PEOS iems, so ymmv.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #47 of 108
Also tried the ASG-2, JH13, Roxanne, the Noble range of iems, the UERM, etc... If trance is your main thing I'd go with the GR07. Get the bass edition if you want just a little more bass. It's not even overdone imo. Of course I haven't heard any Dunu or T-PEOS iems, so ymmv.

@nehcrow disagrees with you on the ASG-2 point ;P

But thansk for the point on the IE800. I know a lot of people would think that they're good just because they're expensive, so it's nice to see a cool head not afraid to recommend something cheaper :)

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #52 of 108
  I hope you pick them soon, I don't think they're still in production, my local shop is only stocking the GR07 Classic now

It's easy enough to get hold of them if you don't mind importing:
http://www.lendmeurears.com/index.php?cPath=15

Also, I would note that the Classic has been recommended as well, so both sit on the list :)

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #53 of 108
  @nehcrow disagrees with you on the ASG-2 point ;P

But thansk for the point on the IE800. I know a lot of people would think that they're good just because they're expensive, so it's nice to see a cool head not afraid to recommend something cheaper :)

I actually think ASG-2 does psy-trance better due to the mid-bass emphasis, psy-trance is very rhythmic and percussion based, this is where the ASG-2 thrives. Also it's a pretty minimalistic genre sometimes and ASG-2 kills it with it's atmosphere
Uplifting trance is debatable, it's tough since the synths can get a little harsh on the ASG-2
But seriously I was soooo happy with the GR07BE especially for trance/EDM, it was near-perfect especially at it's price point. All trance fans should listen to that IEM, highly recommended

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #54 of 108
  I actually think ASG-2 does psy-trance better due to the mid-bass emphasis, psy-trance is very rhythmic and percussion based, this is where the ASG-2 thrives. Also it's a pretty minimalistic genre sometimes and ASG-2 kills it with it's atmosphere
Uplifting trance is debatable, it's tough since the synths can get a little harsh on the ASG-2
But seriously I was soooo happy with the GR07BE especially for trance/EDM, it was near-perfect especially at it's price point. All trance fans should listen to that IEM, highly recommended

How's the soundstage on the GR07? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back