Best IEM for EDM music under 200-250 $
Feb 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

teohouse88

Head-Fier
I would open this thread helping me and other people listen to EDM music.
It's very important the great bass without losing too much details in mids and trebles, the soundstage has to be good.
Which are the best IEM to listen to EDM music at around 200-250$?

I was looking into about :
T-Peos H-200
Vsonic GR07 (very difficult to find)
Yamaha EPH-100

But I except further suggestion from all... Thanks

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 13
Members are going to recommend Triple-fi 10 and Westone 3 both of which are nice choices and often just travel as recommendations by word of mouth (reading and repeating) however there's one in your list I find superior to both mentioned and another hybrid I'll advice you to check out. T-Peos H-200 (the one you have listed) is indeed a great all rounder that will execute EDM well, H-200 has the bass thump, texture and clarity in the low end, because it's a hybrid does a wonderful job not bleeding into the mid range which dual balanced armatures take control of.

My only personal gripe with H-200 is the soundstage is narrow compared to other IEM's I've heard. Still, H-200 with it's detachable cables is a good option, but in saying that the accessories are rather disappointing.

My second option (which you didn't have listed) is Dunu DN-1000 Hybrid, which cost $50 less than H-200 ($200 USD roughly) and I find superior for my preferences. It's also a hybrid design that comes with a bundle of good accessories, you do however lose the detachable cable. Personally for me there is nothing below $300 I have heard that can beat the Dunu currently, it's smooth impactful in the low regions and has a wonderful size soundstage that really immerses you into the  music. I prefer it over Triple-fi 10, Westone 4, Westone 3, H-200.

I will give you a review to read, 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695577/review-dunu-dn1000-immensely-capable-hybrid-iem

So my two suggestions for you and your genres would be H-200 or Dunu DN-1000 with a high preference in the Dunu. Forget about the Triple-fi 10 and Westone 3 (which I have owned), you can do better these days. The Dunu and T-Peos hybrids are newer and more advanced.

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 13
  Members are going to recommend Triple-fi 10 and Westone 3 both of which are nice choices and often just travel as recommendations by word of mouth (reading and repeating) however there's one in your list I find superior to both mentioned and another hybrid I'll advice you to check out. T-Peos H-200 (the one you have listed) is indeed a great all rounder that will execute EDM well, H-200 has the bass thump, texture and clarity in the low end, because it's a hybrid does a wonderful job not bleeding into the mid range which dual balanced armatures take control of.

My only personal gripe with H-200 is the soundstage is narrow compared to other IEM's I've heard. Still, H-200 with it's detachable cables is a good option, but in saying that the accessories are rather disappointing.

My second option (which you didn't have listed) is Dunu DN-1000 Hybrid, which cost $50 less than H-200 ($200 USD roughly) and I find superior for my preferences. It's also a hybrid design that comes with a bundle of good accessories, you do however lose the detachable cable. Personally for me there is nothing below $300 I have heard that can beat the Dunu currently, it's smooth impactful in the low regions and has a wonderful size soundstage that really immerses you into the  music. I prefer it over Triple-fi 10, Westone 4, Westone 3, H-200.

I will give you a review to read, 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695577/review-dunu-dn1000-immensely-capable-hybrid-iem

So my two suggestions for you and your genres would be H-200 or Dunu DN-1000 with a high preference in the Dunu. Forget about the Triple-fi 10 and Westone 3 (which I have owned), you can do better these days. The Dunu and T-Peos hybrids are newer and more advanced.

I have read several reviews of the Dunu Dn-1000 and all says that it's better than T-Peos H-200.
So I would ask you why the amplitude graph on InnerFidelity is such low not in comparison with other worst earphone?
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuDN1000.pdf

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 13
Hello H20Fidelity

which one you think have better exiting treble extension and detail for edm (liquid dnb. dark trance, progressive and hardstyle)... Gr07be, triplefi10, dn1000, eph100, shure215, h200. Thanks a lot!

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 13
Hello @H20Fidelity

which one you think have better exiting treble extension and detail for edm (liquid dnb. dark trance, progressive and hardstyle)... Gr07be, triplefi10, dn1000, eph100, shure215, h200. Thanks a lot!

Out of those choices either DN-1000 or GR07 BE (that's regarding the treble)

But we can do this for you much cheaper with even more exciting treble. There is a 3 way hybrid for $125 called Altone200 which is much better for the job you seek.

You will find threads here for Altone200, but if you have any questions send me a PM msg.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-impressions-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips

Also: When you read about Altone you will see people talking about some bass issues present in the first batch, it's no longer an issue so disregard it.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #7 of 13
Would the mentioned earphones work good for a little more bassy stuff like Datsik, Excision & Jphelpz? I know it's still a kind of EDM but anyway I'd be happy if someone responded :)

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #8 of 13
The DUNU-1000 is definitely the best IEM you're looking for. I had them for a week, and fell in love with their sound: deep, rich bass and sub-bass, and clean, sparkling highs. It has a V-Shaped sound signature, which is fantastic for EDM. I listen to the same genre, and felt that they are a fantastic match; however, I had to return them because they hurt my ears :/.

Despite having wonderful sound, the DUNU-1000 has an odd flare on the outside of the earbud, which always put weight on my ears, causing pain after a few minutes of use. If you have bigger ears/ear canals, then by all means, invest in these headphones. 

Currently, I have a pair of Yamaha EPH-100SL earbuds, and they aren't the best for EDM. I was fairly disappointed by their sound, as the reviews marked its bass performance. The sub-bass doesn't really extend too far, thus making all kinds of trap sound boring. House is decent. Definitely recommend the DUNUs still. 

Happy buying! 

Sep 28, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 13
Thanks alot! I had planned to buy the Yamahas since the reviews made them look pretty perfect, so thanks man :wink: Also I have pretty big ears so I'll see if I can get them!

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #11 of 13
Unfortunately, they're hard to get in Sweden, it would be pretty expensive and I'm a little short, so I guess I'll have to keep looking : (

Yeah, $200 was a little pricy for me. Regardless, they have some great sound. If they're hard to find for you, maybe wait a few weeks for the RHA T10 to come out. RHA is a UK based company, so availability to you would probably be much better. It's they're new $200 iem, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back