Best IEM for $100 to $150 budget?
Aug 5, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #46 of 65
So people that prefer bass and that boom like a woofer would prefer dynamics over armatures? and people that prefer armatures like the sound quality and treble?
So pretty much: Dynamics: Hip-hop/dance music Armatures: Acoustic/Classical I'm i correct?

Quote:
Remember that the two dynamics are hardly different from a multi-armature setup in that each driver does a specific thing. Yes, dynamics can have a larger range than armatures but in the DDM's case, one does the lows and one does the highs, making the extension point moot.

It's entirely down to sound signature preference, not technical ability. Dynamics will sound like dynamics and armatures will sound like armatures. Dynamics have tangible rumble in the bass and warmth, and armatures are accurate, clear, and simply sound different.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #47 of 65
So is the RE0 obsolete now? Because nobody is comparing them to these more expensive headphones. And we know in the headphone world, more expensive does not necessarily mean better.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #48 of 65
Well i haven't heard the RE0, but i've seen many talk about them. They probably aren't compared to the more expensive earphones, because they are in a different tier by price. The RE0 probably would be the best in the under $100 tier. There are way too many new earphones now. Comparing expensive earphones to expensive IEM makes sense, then comparing a expensive IEM to a lower tier earphone. There's review and many other IEM by ljokerl
Quote:
So is the RE0 obsolete now? Because nobody is comparing them to these more expensive headphones. And we know in the headphone world, more expensive does not necessarily mean better.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #49 of 65

Not entirely. It's hard to tie an IEM to a specific genre. Some might love a BA with hip-hop and etc.
It's simply a different presentation. It's entirely up to the person which they prefer.
Quote:
So people that prefer bass and that boom like a woofer would prefer dynamics over armatures? and people that prefer armatures like the sound quality and treble?
So pretty much: Dynamics: Hip-hop/dance music Armatures: Acoustic/Classical I'm i correct?

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #50 of 65

Isn't that what music all about. Everyone has a different preference for music. Thats why there's different genres. I guess ill have to try both of them and choose 1 xD
Quote:
Not entirely. It's hard to tie an IEM to a specific genre. Some might love a BA with hip-hop and etc.
It's simply a different presentation. It's entirely up to the person which they prefer.

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 65
I would argue that dynamic drivers have better bass than balanced armatures... and that treble extension is better... and that the midrange if more full... and that your music won't be sterile, dead, or otherwise uninvolving.

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #52 of 65

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #54 of 65
Aug 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 65
aww your just angry that your fx500 got demoted 
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #58 of 65
Aug 7, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #60 of 65
i was just pulling your leg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back