Best IEM for $100 to $150 budget?
Aug 2, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #31 of 65

Quote:
Thanks for the info on Custom 3, and also the Triple.Fi 10 are still selling for $300, thats too over my budget, but thanks for the info.

Believe it or not the Triple.Fi 10 can still be found for around $150 on eBay or the For Sale section.  Yes, the online pricing is getting back up to around the $300 price point, but that doesn't mean all options out there are actually that expensive.

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #32 of 65
How does the Triple Fi 10 compare to the Radius DDM?

Quote:
Believe it or not the Triple.Fi 10 can still be found for around $150 on eBay or the For Sale section.  Yes, the online pricing is getting back up to around the $300 price point, but that doesn't mean all options out there are actually that expensive.

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #33 of 65
bump?

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #34 of 65
How does the Triple Fi 10 compare to the Radius DDM? Both are in the $100 area.

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #35 of 65
No clue.  I have yet to hear the Radius DDM, but apparently it's quite good.  It and the Triple.Fi 10 will sound quite a bit different from each other anyways, so the right choice will be what fits your personal preference most.

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #36 of 65
Is the Radius very bassy as described by reviews? So then isnt the TriFi 10 SQ is better then the Radius?

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #37 of 65
Comparing the Radius to other triple balanced armatures (Westone 3, Shure SE535), the armatures seem to have one note bass, and terrible treble cohesion, especially to the mid-range part of vocals. The Radius DDM seems to have the resolving power of armatures, coupled with a full and musical frequency response, foregoing the plainness or sterility sometimes found in highly resolving phones. Just because the TF10 has less bass doesn't mean it has a better SQ. If the DDM sounds great high to mid to low, which I think it does, then how can the TF10 sound better if it takes away from the bass that the DDM does so well; if it only does 2/3 frequency ranges particularly well, how does that equate to better SQ? I have not personally listened to the TF10, but my assumptions are based on my experience with the JH16 and the DDM. If the Radius DDM sounds great with 2 dynamic drivers, why does it take JH 8 balanced armatures per ear to stand up to it, because right now, the only thing the JH16 has going, for me anyway, is comfort due to the custom molds, as I can get just as pleasing a sound out of a $170 DDM.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #38 of 65
At that price range, definitely take a look at the DBA-02s.  Phenomenal, rich phones, with both excellent detail and good lf extension.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #39 of 65
i was going to get them but theres the Triple Fi 10 and Radius DDM and Sennheiser IE7 and all the other IEM, i dont know what to get.....

Quote:
At that price range, definitely take a look at the DBA-02s.  Phenomenal, rich phones, with both excellent detail and good lf extension.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #40 of 65

Radius DDM and DBA-02 are best choices considering their price vs sound quality. The last one is hard to get since is not readily available  for sale in USA or Europe. Radius is sold in US and UK at ALO or iheadphones.

Quote:
i was going to get them but theres the Triple Fi 10 and Radius DDM and Sennheiser IE7 and all the other IEM, i dont know what to get.....

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #41 of 65
how would the Triple Fi 10 compare to the Radius DDM and DBA-02?

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #42 of 65

Quote:
how would the Triple Fi 10 compare to the Radius DDM and DBA-02?

Recessed mid (V-shape), worse fit than the DDM depending or on par.

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #43 of 65
then how would Radius DDM compare to Fischer DBA-02 because those are the last 2 im comparing.?

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #44 of 65
2 dynamic speakers, or 2 balanced armatures per ear... Hmm, I'll take the dynamics... but then again, maybe if it was more like 10 balanced armatures with a miracle crossover, then maybe... just maybe I'd take the armatures.

*NOTE
You can always buy both and return the one you don't care for... Just a suggestion.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #45 of 65

Remember that the two dynamics are hardly different from a multi-armature setup in that each driver does a specific thing. Yes, dynamics can have a larger range than armatures but in the DDM's case, one does the lows and one does the highs, making the extension point moot.

It's entirely down to sound signature preference, not technical ability. Dynamics will sound like dynamics and armatures will sound like armatures. Dynamics have tangible rumble in the bass and warmth, and armatures are accurate, clear, and simply sound different.
Quote:
2 dynamic speakers, or 2 balanced armatures per ear... Hmm, I'll take the dynamics... but then again, maybe if it was more like 10 balanced armatures with a miracle crossover, then maybe... just maybe I'd take the armatures.

*NOTE
You can always buy both and return the one you don't care for... Just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back