Best IEM custom or universal
Oct 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 27
Check out more high-end universals, then, once you know what sound signature you really like, go the custom route. Just know that the law of diminishing returns comes into play, and you won't be able to sell the customs for anywhere close to what you paid for them.

Also, looking in the FS thread for customs is another worthwhile venture; I've seen JH13's go for $450. You would have to get them remolded tho...

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #20 of 27
There are threads with review for all these customs. Aside from the fact that they're customs and not cheap, they don't seem to have tons in common.

Anyone has any of these who would like to give some impression?

1. Rooth LS8 average joe's review
2. UE18 - Jude's Review from last year. He compares these to the JH13, different sound signatures apparently, but you should read it yourself.
3. JH13Pro
4. UM Miracle |joker|'s review, scroll down a bit.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #25 of 27
Mini0510, can you get yourself to a Head-Fi meet? Or to a store that has demo units for at least some of these customs?

If the above 2 options are unavailable to you, the reviews linked to/referenced are as much as info as you'll ever get on them. You'll just have to be sure what your preferences are.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #27 of 27
Where is Head Fi meet? Im in Toronto, I don't know any stores that has these customs on display. I guess I can't go wrong with either one.
and thanks, I contacted headphoneaddict.

These are my ranked choices:

1. Rooth LS8
2. JH13Pro
3. UM Miracle

I dropped UE18 because it warm + bass emphasis (dont like) and Westone ES5 doesn't have excellent music instrument separation. Also, the bass might be a little weak for me. But I'm not sure about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back