Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia)
Aug 30, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #62 of 93

Quote:
Around the ears and quite comfy.

Ok cool. Are they large looking on your ears?
I heard they are pretty light, is that good? Does it stay on your head well? Is it too tight?

Quote:
 Look at your local supermarket, this would be cheaper if you  find them.

I don't think I'll find them cheaper than $25 at any local store in Australia. They are $50 at JBHIFI, $50 at Dick Smith and $55 at Big W.

Quote:
 The mdr-xd200 is the next   model in this line of product.

I can only see it for $40 here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Sony+MDR-XD200&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5216&rt=nc&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1.
Do you know where to get it cheaper?
Is it worth the extra $15?

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #64 of 93
@Anno
Quote:
Is it worth the extra $15?

I  don't know,  I  only have the MDR-XD100. If  you consider every aspect, except the sound (build quality , comfort, etc ), I  found that the MDR-XD100 were good, especially for the price I got them (12$). Now in term of sound quality, the ksc75 (that I have too) beat them, at least for the bass.  It's sad, that you can only find the headphone for 55$ in australia.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #65 of 93

Quote:
I  don't know,  I  only have the MDR-XD100. If  you consider every aspect, except the sound (build quality , comfort, etc ), I  found that the MDR-XD100 were good, especially for the price I got them (12$). Now in term of sound quality, the ksc75 (that I have too) beat them, at least for the bass.  It's sad, that you can only find the headphone for 55$ in australia.

No I can get them for $25 from ebay delivered. I said I couldn't find anything cheaper than that locally.
I can also get the KSC75's for $19 from ebay delivered. Would you recommend them instead? I don't really like the design of them. I was looking for something that would go around my ears. And I don't really need them to be "portable". I've got IEMs for that.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #68 of 93

Quote:
No I can get them for $25 from ebay delivered. I said I couldn't find anything cheaper than that locally.
I can also get the KSC75's for $19 from ebay delivered. Would you recommend them instead?

I'd get the xdr-100 for the use you are planning, unless you don't mind something that would "pinch" your ears,  or something that work like a "clothespin" but on you ears.

Quote:

Most people here won't think more than hour, to spend this amount of money.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #69 of 93

Quote:
I can also get the KSC75's for $19 from ebay delivered. Would you recommend them instead? I don't really like the design of them. I was looking for something that would go around my ears. And I don't really need them to be "portable". I've got IEMs for that.

The SQ blows a lot of closed headphones out of the water in that price range, and it competes with headphones 5x the price easily IMHO. Plus it has lifetime warranty. If I were you, I would get those for now, save up and get better sounding circumaural (around the ear)  headphones down the line (eg. Audio-Technica M50, Shure SRH 840, Sony MDR-V6, etc.). 

Also, even though the KSC-75's are very portable, they're technically not the greatest portable solution (trains/buses in mind) since they're open and don't really block out sound. But they're good for casual use and jogging (when you'd want to hear the traffic around you). Anyway, I think the KSC-75's are the best bang for your buck. I know that's not the ideal headphone you were searching for, but you'll be getting better SQ for a good price.

Just my two cents. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #70 of 93

Quote:
The SQ blows a lot of closed headphones out of the water in that price range, and it competes with headphones 5x the price easily IMHO.

Yeah , I  got  them at  12$, and I  would put their value at 60$ max. Best sound you could expect from something cheap, but it's still cheap.

Quote:
But they're good for casual use and jogging

That's the main problem, how they are used . I'm not sure I  would use them on my computer for extended listening.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #72 of 93

Quote:
Yeah, I'll probably be using them for 2-5 hours at time on my computer.
I wouldn't be really walking around with them much.

Quote:
Yeah , I  got  them at  12$, and I  would put their value at 60$ max. Best sound you could expect from something cheap, but it's still cheap.

That's the main problem, how they are used . I'm not sure I  would use them on my computer for extended listening.

I tend to use them in the office either with my nano or on the computer. I can generally wear them for a few hours, but I can understand how others may not be able to since their sound is a bit bright which can be fatiguing depending on how sensitive your ears are. Everyone is different. I also have taken them on the train (making sure not to increase the volume too much) but it's always been a nice experience 'cause it sounds like I'm in a scene of a movie with background music lol that's how I picture it anyway. Other than that, I like using them at home just relaxing, in the office, or going for a walk, etc. just because they're so versatile and easy to have around.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #73 of 93

Quote:
I tend to use them in the office either with my nano or on the computer. I can generally wear them for a few hours, but I can understand how others may not be able to since their sound is a bit bright which can be fatiguing depending on how sensitive your ears are.

I  didn't find them bright, even with slightly muffled highs, but it's quite ok for the price. I  admit I  have used a slight  bass boost from my rockboxed sansa clip.
The issue, is how I  have to struggle to put them on my ears, and I feel a slight pressure on my earlobes, that I  don't think I  could stand endlessly. But every ears are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back