Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia)
Aug 28, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #46 of 93

Quote:
Ditto. Good things come to those that wait and save up for something decent in the first place.

What if I stretched my budget to $40-$45?

They're ok, but nothing will be fantastic at this price point.

At $40 Dick Smith also offer this

Phillips SHL5003

Spent a little bit of time with these after my sister's boyfriend
picked up a pair and I thought they were ok at the
price point of $40.

If I was you I'd save up to reach $70 and get the Beyerdynamic DT235
through Headphones.com.au

Best headphone I've heard at that price point. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #49 of 93

Sony mdr-xd100
This was my first pair of headphone I  got,  before looking at the expensive options.
I  can tell you that coming from the mdr-xd100 , and going to the hd595, I  was not too much impressed;
which means that either that the sony are not that bad, or the hd595 not that good.

- pro:
*  neutral sound, work with most music
* lightweight
* very comfy
* robust. Hey,  they resisted better to time, than my hd595 that have the cracking issue.
* cheap : I  only got them for 12$
* easy to find , bought them on a local store.

- con:
* lacking bass, no big sensation with techno music (same with my hd595).
* lacking some clarity, but what do you expect for this price ?
* cord is too long.  But that's ok if you use them on a pc.

Here a review I  found on youtube:

Sony mdr-zx100
Now I  saw on the thread , that someone recommended the mdr-zx100.
I'd say they look more portable, and the white  model  look so cool, that you won't feel the need to get some monster beats. They are on "top od the ear", unlike the mdr-xd100.
It seem that according to comments that they provide more bass. Here's a review I  found on youtube:

I don't know how the cheap philips compare to the cheap sony, but philips often have build quality problems.

I would say, just don't bother at getting cheap headphones shipped to your  country;  just search some cheap sony, they are widely distributed, I'm sure you could find them on a local store. Or save some money, and look at more interesting models.

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #54 of 93
Quote:
Over the ears, not around the ears.
They are supraaural (sitting on or over the ears) not circumaural (around the ears)

So your saying that if I wear the HD 202's my ears won't fit inside it they will be resting on the padding around the edges?

I want headphones that will rest on the sides of my head and sort of make a cup around my ears.

Your saying the HD 202's don't do that and they will be like these bad ones which I wouldn't buy: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/A8723/sony-overhead-monitor-headphones?

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #55 of 93

Quote:
Sony mdr-xd100

They look pretty good.

Quote:
* cord is too long.  But that's ok if you use them on a pc.

Yeah, I will probably be using them on a PC mostly but I have a rubber band otherwise.

Quote:
* lacking bass, no big sensation with techno music

That's ok, I don't really listen to "techno" music

Quote:
* cheap : I  only got them for 12$
* easy to find , bought them on a local store.

I found them here for about $25AUD including shipping.
Can I find them cheaper somewhere else (I'm in Australia)?

Quote:
Sony mdr-zx100

Don't really like the on the ears sort of design...

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #56 of 93

Quote:
So your saying that if I wear the HD 202's my ears won't fit inside it they will be resting on the padding around the edges?

I want headphones that will rest on the sides of my head and sort of make a cup around my ears.

Your saying the HD 202's don't do that and they will be like these bad ones which I wouldn't buy: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/A8723/sony-overhead-monitor-headphones?

I don't own them myself, but according to the specs, yes.
This does depend on the size of your ears.
As they are rather large for supraaural 'phones and the edges are padded and raised they will apply pressure to the outside of your ears but not the center.

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #57 of 93

Quote:
I don't own them myself, but according to the specs, yes.
This does depend on the size of your ears.
As they are rather large for supraaural 'phones and the edges are padded and raised they will apply pressure to the outside of your ears but not the center.

hmm...
Does anybody here own them to confirm?

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #58 of 93
Between the Sennheiser HD 202 for $47AUD and the Sony MDR-XD100 for $25AUD.
Which is better? Is the 202 worth the extra money?, don't really want to spend $47...
Which is more comfortable?
Which sounds better?

Also if you guys know where to get them cheaper (or different headphones that are better), please tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back