Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia)
Aug 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #34 of 93
Why do you need more, choice ? It's not obvious to get something decent at your price.
Yes these ksc75 are a bit a pain to put on my ears, but I  think people like them especially because of their "above average"  bass for the price.  I  got my ksc75 for 12$;  and no shipping fee , probably because I  made other commands.
You may find decent headphone in australia stores even if they are not hyped/recommended here. Look at what you can find on your local store.

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #35 of 93

Quote:
Ok this is what I got now:

Superlux HD681 ~$46AUD delivered

Sennheiser HD 202 ~$49AUD delivered

KOSS KSC75 ~$32AUD delivered (not a big fan of the design of these, I'm looking for the headphones that go around my ears)

Superlux HD668 ~$28AUD delivered

Anything else?

Koss or Superlux. 

I'll go for Superlux. Decent (or even better than decent) sound quality for the price and full size.

Koss for decent sound quality and cheap :)

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #36 of 93

Quote:
I'll go for Superlux. Decent (or even better than decent) sound quality for the price and full size.

I'm not a big fan of the design and I don't really listen to lots of "bass" music.

And on a review here it says this:

"The pads cover the ear and clamps pretty hard. It isolates noise VERY well, though it's not the most comfortable pads around"

Quote:
Koss for decent sound quality and cheap :)

I was looking for full size headphones.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #37 of 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a big fan of the design and I don't really listen to lots of "bass" music.

You won't find a headphone with no flaw, especially at your price. Pick your poison.

Quote:
I was looking for full size headphones.

If this can comfort you, the ksc75 sound better than my full sized sony mdr-x100. But you might as well get the full sized koss porta pro, which use inferior drivers and is more expensive. There is also a mod of the ksc75, so that it can use a headband and be more comfortable, but it would obviously cost you more.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #41 of 93

Quote:
And where can I buy them for $30 shipped to Australia?

As you can see, I am from NY, not Australia.... How am I supposed to know? 
rolleyes.gif

You should not depend or expect anyone here to figure out how you are going to get a pair of headphones (unless someone here is from AU, that's the person to ask - nicely). We're just here to give you the right recommendations. Take 'em or leave 'em but be grateful that people are taking the time to help you even though you are being pretty rude.

You might want to change the title so that strictly people from AU can help you then. Otherwise it's not hard to do some research and find out where your recommendations sell in AU. 

Anyway, if you can find the Koss KSC-75's they're comfortable, have lifetime warranty, and sound hell of a lot better/clearer than Sennheiser HD202's. Also, check out the For Sale forum here. I have seen many people from AU selling and trading and you might just find a good bargain. If you want, first figure out which headphone you definitely want, and post a "Wanted" classified on the FS forum with your location, headphone you want, and the price you want it for. See, there is always a way. 

Hope you find what you're looking for. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #43 of 93
You could probably get some Audio Technica ONTOs if you're into looks more than the sound, but really, you can't expect too much when your budget is 30AUD, including shipping. Looks into expanding your budget before buying headphones. Maybe save up your school money for another month, get it up to 60 or 80 bucks, and you'll be able to get better headphones. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #44 of 93

Quote:
You could probably get some Audio Technica ONTOs if you're into looks more than the sound, but really, you can't expect too much when your budget is 30AUD, including shipping. Looks into expanding your budget before buying headphones. Maybe save up your school money for another month, get it up to 60 or 80 bucks, and you'll be able to get better headphones

Ditto. Good things come to those that wait and save up for something decent in the first place.

But here's one anyway - $39

Sony MDR-ZX100 at Dick Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back