Best headphones to wear while sleeping?
Sep 9, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #31 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by takeawayboy
I hace got in to the habit now of sleeping with my headphones on that if I don't wear them I can't sleep well. Sometimes there's not even music playing!!!! Only probs are they are grado RS-1's
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Yow RS-1s??? I can't even lay down with those comfortably, let alone sleep. U must be joking
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #32 of 60
My girlfriend gets so pissed off at me sleeping with my EX71s; I never hear her talking to me (a blessing - thank you Sony). The HD590's velour pads are so comfy, but I wake up every time I roll over...used to be able to sleep like a mummy.

You will, however, hear your G/F snore and nag you through the HD590s. Solution: lower the cones of silence

Sep 9, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Yow RS-1s??? I can't even lay down with those comfortably, let alone sleep. U must be joking
tongue.gif

Dude I once slept 3 hrs in a minibus with 100 degree heat on the worlds ****tiiest road when I went on holiday. My old man said "how the **** do you sleep", which I replied "better than you, *******"!

Sep 9, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #34 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Earbuds and canal phones are generally better for sleeping since most of them sits flush with your ear. I used EX71 a few times before.

i'm more worried about poking my drums out w/my er4. perhaps i need to buy anothe rpair of ex71. they were super comfy. too bad they didn't have the same clarity

Sep 9, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by james902
i'm more worried about poking my drums out w/my er4. perhaps i need to buy anothe rpair of ex71. they were super comfy. too bad they didn't have the same clarity

You mean, you're worried about rolling onto one side with the Ety's in a perpendicular position, resulting in impalement?

Sep 9, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #40 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolestguyever
pillow speakers are stupid, i would feel like a jackass using something like that. plus they dont block out things like snoring, or drunken banter from the room next to me

Well, some people use things simply because they perform their intended function. A pillow speaker really isn't a bad idea for a lot of people, if you think about it--you only really hear it when your ear is close to it and can roll away from it and fall asleep (or after you fall asleep) and get better sleep than you would otherwise with music playing in your ears all night long. I have tried sleeping to music in the past and it wakes me up all throughout the night. Probably the same for many other people.

From a "how it makes me feel" perspective, I'm almost 40, married with kids in a quiet house, so pillow speakers would actually be kind of cool. Come to think of it, pajamas and slippers aren't completely out of the question either
tongue.gif
. Maybe even some magnifying eyeglasses with a little light so you can see what you're doing.

icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2004 at 1:56 PM Post #41 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by comabereni
I have tried sleeping to music in the past and it wakes me up all throughout the night. Probably the same for many other people.

It gives me wierd dreams!
eek.gif

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #42 of 60
I've dosed off with my HD580's a few times, very comfortable as long as I don't roll over on my side. Earbuds would be the obvious answer because they wouldn't restrict movement like over-the-ears 'phones would.

Sep 9, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #43 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
It gives me wierd dreams!
eek.gif

I had some cheese and crackers before sleeping... had a really bad dream that all my teeth were going loose and falling out.... Eeeewwwww....

Back on topic: A small radio, with a line in, might be a good idea. The Tivoli Model One's a great sounding, and looking radio, and works well with the iPod plugged in.

Sep 9, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #44 of 60
Another vote for the EX71s. Whatever their faults (bass, treble, build quality, etc), comfort certainly isn't one of them. The fact that they're so comfortable and easy to put in/out, and can be used when lying down is the main reason I still have a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

~KS

Sep 10, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #45 of 60
I've decided to get both the EX71's and the ER6's, because I recently took up gambling and found myself with a spare $200. will this decision come back to haunt me when my gambling addiction gets myself in the hole $200? Yes. But at least I cant listen to music in style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back