Best headphones to wear while sleeping?
Sep 10, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #46 of 60
I fall asleep with the V6's all the time.

I usually throw them off right before I doze off because I tend to sleep on my side but I've woke up a few times with them just laying on my chest or to my side or thrown halfway across the room ... they're rugged for a reason.
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #47 of 60
Best "sleeping" headphones:

Westone UM-2 without a doubt, in my opinion. They are flush with the pinna of the ear, they are comfortable with the new "comfort" foams, and they don't fall out.

BarryT

Sep 10, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #48 of 60
Custom earmolded IEMs are obviously the ultimate phones to have on while sleeping.
But anyway, it's really quite impossible to poke your eardrums out with IEMs. Your eardrums are something like two inches into your head. Or was it more like three, since the ear canal slopes...

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #50 of 60
@benfaust, Just checked out those Sleepphones...That is a pretty cool concept. How is the sound quality? I guess I am lucky that my wife lets me play my sleepytime mix on a small speaker in our bedroom so I don't have to worry about headphones or iem's for sleeping. Thanks for posting the link. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #52 of 60
I'm not a back sleeper I sleep on my stomach with my head turned to my side and pressed into my pillow so no headphone and virtually all iem will be uncomfortable and potentially damaging to my ear and eardrum to sleep with for 8-12 hours.

The only thing I've found that is good enough to sleep with is the Phillips SHE3590 its super small size makes comfortable enough to sleep while wearing and pressing my head into a pillow it in since it protrudes so little from the ears that as long as I get the right position I barely feel them and can hear them just fine. It also provides the benefit of blocking noise better then regular headphones.  I use them to listen to binaural beats and such when sleeping to help me go to sleep work very well for that purpose and will keep a pair around just unless I can find something better.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #53 of 60
Quote:
I'm not a back sleeper I sleep on my stomach with my head turned to my side and pressed into my pillow so no headphone and virtually all iem will be uncomfortable and potentially damaging to my ear and eardrum to sleep with for 8-12 hours.

The only thing I've found that is good enough to sleep with is the Phillips SHE3590 its super small size makes comfortable enough to sleep while wearing and pressing my head into a pillow it in since it protrudes so little from the ears that as long as I get the right position I barely feel them and can hear them just fine. It also provides the benefit of blocking noise better then regular headphones.  I use them to listen to binaural beats and such when sleeping to help me go to sleep work very well for that purpose and will keep a pair around just unless I can find something better.

I am a stomach sleeper just like you and lie with my ear on the pillow. I have found the VSonic GR07 to be incredibly comfortable for this purpose.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #55 of 60
Quote:
I am a stomach sleeper just like you and lie with my ear on the pillow. I have found the VSonic GR07 to be incredibly comfortable for this purpose.

Those looks nice but $172 for a pair of sleeping iem is to much for me at this stage!  Thats $100 more then my main iem atm(Audio Technica CKM500
biggrin.gif
.   Also Looking at the pics they look big and would protrude to much imo compared to the SHE3590(altough they look like they have a flattish square back so maybe less pressure idk).  I don't really need anything better then them for listening while sleeping I'lll be sticking with my $12 iem for now but thanks for the suggestion.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #56 of 60
Quote:
Those looks nice but $172 for a pair of sleeping iem is to much for me at this stage!  Thats $100 more then my main iem atm(Audio Technica CKM500
biggrin.gif
.   Also Looking at the pics they look big and would protrude to much imo compared to the SHE3590(altough they look like they have a flattish square back so maybe less pressure idk).  I don't really need anything better then them for listening while sleeping I'lll be sticking with my $12 iem for now but thanks for the suggestion.

The actually dont protude from the ear, the square part rests comfortably inside. I dont get stabbed in the ear at all with these, even if i try, the seal only gets better, with no discomfort.

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:
@benfaust, Just checked out those Sleepphones...That is a pretty cool concept. How is the sound quality? I guess I am lucky that my wife lets me play my sleepytime mix on a small speaker in our bedroom so I don't have to worry about headphones or iem's for sleeping. Thanks for posting the link. 

I've got some and the sound is adequate, in fact when you consider the the design it is pretty good. It won't compete with your favourites but you can sleep comfortably with them on even on your side, added bonus of keeping your ears warm on a cold night. I've yet to try them with company but I suspect there my be some sound leakage depending on your listening volume. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #60 of 60
I used to wear headphones for sleeping, for what's it's worth I had a pair of hd25's, they were pretty indestructible. What I would recommend is speakers hooked up to a receiver that is hooked up to a timer. You can get a technics timer for ten to twenty bucks on eBay, plug any receiver to it. The nice thing about this setup is besides shutting off at a set time it will also wakeup and act as an alarm. They also have a bypass switch for when you want to use you receiver outside the timed period.

My personal sleep/wake system - technics timer, pioneer sx780, quad 11l2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back