Best Headphones (Good bass & sound quality)($300 limit)
Mar 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

xB14D3x

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of headphones that have good bass and sound quality. I listen to mostly electronic music such as house/filthstep/dubstep/hardstyle/trap and some rap. The most i can spend is $300(Refurbished or new only please)

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 16
By good bass do you mean boosted bass or neutral bass that's well detailed? If you want increased bass, the Ultrasone Pro 900's would be good. If you want a more neutral sound signature with a slight boost, the Mad Dogs and Sennheiser Momentum might work.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 16
I want something with boosted bass, doesnt need an amp as this will be running on my phone or windows 8 tablet, and i want them to be closed ear. Also I want them to have an easily replaceable cable.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 16
The Pro 900's are closed and the cable unscrews. As for amping, it's not quite as black and white as a headphone needing an amp or not needing one. Some headphones "scale" well, meaning that the better an amp you pair with it, the better they sound. Other headphones don't change that much with amping. But many headphones that are recommended to be amped sound pretty good without an amp; a Sennheiser HD800 unamped will certainly sound better than iBuds with an amp, despite it being one of those "absolutely need an amp" headphones.

My Pro 900's do sound pretty good without an amp, although they do improve with one. They're sensitive enough that you don't need to crank the volume all the way to get them loud enough, so I would not say that they absolutely need an amp. You could get them now and possibly upgrade them with an amp later. Also, they have a "fun" sound signature, which puts off a lot of audiophiles, but it sounds like they might work for you. A lot of people here want a neutral sound, or sometimes even a bass-light sound, especially at that price point. From what you've said, though, it looks like you're looking for something different.

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
ive asked whats the best around 300 and people told me that the v moda m100 ones are the best for taht price and that prolly the one im going to get

The V-Moda M100 is a good "bassy" headphone, but that is about it. It is a great portable headphone, so if you are looking for a V shaped, portable headphone for a 300$ price range... then yes the M100 is probably one of the best.

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
The V-Moda M100 is a good "bassy" headphone, but that is about it. It is a great portable headphone, so if you are looking for a V shaped, portable headphone for a 300$ price range... then yes the M100 is probably one of the best.

so what would you say have the best audio overall for 300

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
so what would you say have the best audio overall for 300

Well, it really depends on what sound you want, as well as other factors such as if you need portability, durability, if you care how they look, if you have an amp or are planning on getting one etc. Honestly, there isn't a best headphone overall at 300, it all depends on your preferences. If you come up with a list of things you want in a headphone, then we can help you.

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
Well, it really depends on what sound you want, as well as other factors such as if you need portability, durability, if you care how they look, if you have an amp or are planning on getting one etc. Honestly, there isn't a best headphone overall at 300, it all depends on your preferences. If you come up with a list of things you want in a headphone, then we can help you.

i just want good audio and im willing to get a small portable amp like the fiios e11 can you give me like a top 5 list, doesnt have to be in a specific order but it will help me cut down on my research

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #12 of 16
Of the headphones I've listened to...

M-100
Dt-1350
Mad dog modded Fisted T50RP

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
i just want good audio and im willing to get a small portable amp like the fiios e11 can you give me like a top 5 list, doesnt have to be in a specific order but it will help me cut down on my research

Okay, it looks like you want something easy to drive, that is at least somewhat portable, and has good overall sound. Not to specific but if I were to choose a top 5 here it is:

Mrspeakers Mad Dog (Alpha Pads+ Comfort Strap)
Denon AH-D2000
Beyerdynamic DT880 (Semi-open, not much noise isolation, weak noise leakage)
AKG 550/551
Sennheiser Momentum

Each has its own set of pros/cons, but they are probably some of the more popular headphones in that price range, with the characteristics of being portable/tranportable.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
am using the beats pro.. just wanted to go for a new one.. Are Ultrasone Pro 900's better than Beats Pro? 

Without a doubt. They do everything better than the beats. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back