Best headphones for under 75
Dec 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sheepo

New Head-Fier
Hello! So I'm thinking of buying my first higher quality headphones (currently using Xtreme Xplosives in ears, which are surprisingly good for 10 dollars), but they're getting uncomfortable, and I'm doing more mixing now so I need something clearer and more balanced. I've been researching headphones in the price range of up to 100, and it seems the more work I do the less clear it becomes on what to buy. The ones I'm thinking of now are the MDR-V6, AKG K240 (first version), and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Is a step up (ATH-M50, Beyer) worth it? What are some good headphones in this price range? Oh also, I want these to listen to hip hop, R & B, and some folk, but mainly I'm going to be creating and mixing hip hop beats.

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 7
MDR-V6 sounds great, but may not have the bass impact you want. They have great detail though for the price. Sounds good for nearly every application and well built.

M50 and HD-280's great options too.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Hello! So I'm thinking of buying my first higher quality headphones (currently using Xtreme Xplosives in ears, which are surprisingly good for 10 dollars), but they're getting uncomfortable, and I'm doing more mixing now so I need something clearer and more balanced. I've been researching headphones in the price range of up to 100, and it seems the more work I do the less clear it becomes on what to buy. The ones I'm thinking of now are the MDR-V6, AKG K240 (first version), and the Audio Technica ATH-M30. Is a step up (ATH-M50, Beyer) worth it? What are some good headphones in this price range? Oh also, I want these to listen to hip hop, R & B, and some folk, but mainly I'm going to be creating and mixing hip hop beats.

Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) to me are great sounding headphones, usually sell for around $88, sometimes cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back