Best headphones for under $350 give or take some.
Dec 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nixonexe

New Head-Fier
Hello, i'm new to Head-Fi and i'm looking for the best headphones for me for around $300 or so. I thought this would be the best place for me to start. I listen to almost all genres. Country, Alternitive, EDM, House, Dubstep, Trancestep, Rap/Hip Hop, smooth jazz, classical. You name it. I like alot of bass. Without the loss of sound quality of course. I don't want a subwoofer attached to my head. (Please don't suggest beats by dre products.) I would like the headphones to preform well without an portable amp. Id prefer not needing an amp, but if the headphones you choose for me will preform much better with an amp, then be my guest and link me an amp. With an amp and the headphones, id like to be right around $400-450. They'd be used primarily with an iPhone 5 and a 27" iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 12
Hello, i'm new to Head-Fi and i'm looking for the best headphones for me for around $300 or so. I thought this would be the best place for me to start. I listen to almost all genres. Country, Alternitive, EDM, House, Dubstep, Trancestep, Rap/Hip Hop, smooth jazz, classical. You name it. I like alot of bass. Without the loss of sound quality of course. I don't want a subwoofer attached to my head. (Please don't suggest beats by dre products.) I would like the headphones to preform well without an portable amp. Id prefer not needing an amp, but if the headphones you choose for me will preform much better with an amp, then be my guest and link me an amp. With an amp and the headphones, id like to be right around $400-450. They'd be used primarily with an iPhone 5 and a 27" iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
V moda m100, these are sick and has deep powerful bass , but not at the cost of the mids and highs

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 12
Thanks man! Yeah, i looked at those quite a bit. Ill definitely keep those in mind. Ive heard a lot of great things.

Oh, id like to add that i also listen to classic rock. Im looking for some very versatile headphones.
No problem man! Personally i love them alot and i have them. Hmm. I still think its the m100 or u could try the momentums from sennheiser

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 12
The V-Moda m100 are surely a good choice. Then the NAD Viso HP50 or the PSB M4U2-1 are great headphones that are next on my list.
I can also recommend the Momentums as good all around headphones but try the cheaper. The Ultrasone Pro750 are my favourites for electronic music. 

Anyhow, these are the choices I would use if I cannot use an amp!

However, most of these will sound better with an amp as well.

Cheers,
K

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 12
It sounds like you would be using it on the go with your iPhone and you don't sound interested in other gear like an amp or DAC. I recommend you check out the Bowers and Wilkins P7 at you local Best Buy that has a Magnolia store. Those have great bass and retail at $400. Overall sound is much more refined than many other headphones that don't require amping. Maybe wait for a sale on them, but they're pretty new so it may be a while for a price drop. I personally am not a basshead so they were not my favorite for mobile headphones, but they are pretty well regarded by many others.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 12
Dec 8, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #9 of 12
Soundmagic HP100? Great all rounder, neutral, smooth and very versatile. Consider it, won't find that many here knowing of it existing though. I've had most of the portable headphones down at that price point and prefered these as a true all rounder.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 12
For these: EDM, House, Dubstep, Trancestep - I think the Phillips X1 does really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back