Best headphones for under $100
Sep 14, 2010 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chillybawls

New Head-Fier
I want the best sound across the board for 100 or less. I've been looking at the grado sr80i, any other recommendations? What about the klipsch image s4 if I wanted portability?

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Just grab an RE0.

You may like SR80 or MS1 better depending on your preferences.  You have quite a variety of options for $100, really.  What do you listen to?

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 5
Koss Pro DJ 100 easily. They're very neutral, so it just depends on what sound signature you like.

The SR-80 sounds a bit similar, except for the highs. The Koss has a lot more bass then the SR-80 though. I could definitely suggest the SR-80, but you can do better for the price.

To me, the Pro DJ 100 sounds like an improved version of the SR-80. Vocals, soundstage, Instrument Separation, bass and comfort is a lot better.

The bass amount is about the same as the SRH-840. I think it's not a bass light headphone at all. I set my EQ to a 2db increase and it's almost too much.

If you like bass, check into the M50 maybe. I prefer the Koss over the M50 any day, but it's maybe because of the type of music I like and how I like something more neutral.

The vocals on the DJ 100 are just as good as those on the SRH-840. I think both headphone have a slight bump in the mid-range though. Maybe not as much as on the SRH-840 though.

I guess they almost remind me of the MDR-V6 a bit also, but with far better mids.

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I listen to a lot of classic metal and classic rock and some of the newer metal

Definitely go with grado. Either get the ms1 or grado sr 80.
There are some comparison threads here, search them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back