Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180
Mar 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

00Eta

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a pair of good headphones for mainly rap and hip-hop. I like bass, but I don't want it to be overpowering, 
as I like my vocals to be as clear as possible. I've looked around but I have no clue what's trash and what a good pair of headphones are.
A friend suggested Crossfade LP2s but I'm not really sure if those will suit my needs or not. I'd prefer them to be pretty sturdy, as well.
Thanks in advance!

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
ath-m50 or mdr-v6 will do. The xb500/700 might overpower. 

Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro could also work depending on the price atm (saw it for about $190-200 the other day). 

MDR-V6? please don't tell him that, they are very
frown.gif
bad.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 6
If all you care about is sound quality, the M-Audio Q40 is pretty sick. Zero recessed mids (like you usually find in headphones in this price range) and ridiculous bass extension. Perfect for any type of vocal music. Downside is average comfort, average durability, average looking.

The next headphone I like is the VModa M80 which have much smaller cups. But they're much nicer looking and have a balanced sound that is very much acclaimed in the headphone world. Again, nice for vocals and bass is really punchy.

Also like the M50. Can't go wrong with the FiiO E11/M50 combo.

Edited to add: I did listen to the Beyer Custom One Pro for the first time today and was quite pleased. Nice top-down clarity you typically get from Beyer but without the fatiguing highs. Thick low end and smooth midrange. Quite possibly my favorite Beyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back