Best Headphones For Me?
Jan 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
The BeyerDynamic was freakin' amazing, but it was NOT LOUD AT ALL!  Even on full volume on my iPod, it was barely anything.  Would the 80 ohm help with this?

Yes, the 80 ohm version would be easier for your iPod, but if that still isn't loud enough, you can also look for a 32 ohm version. The thing is that the 32 ohm version is slightly more bass-neutral, and a slightly looser headband. If I recall correctly, the PRO versions (which include the 80 and 250 ohm versions) are catered more towards studio monitoring, and as such have the tighter grip and slightly different look. The difference in sound is minimal, but still noticeable. Just something to consider if neither the M50 nor 80ohm DT's are what you're looking for.

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #18 of 25
Thank you for your reply.  

Yeah, I really want a 'phone with bass that I can literally feel, and the DT770 was perfect, except that it wasn't loud.  I guess next Friday I will see if they have the M50 and 80ohm in stock, and then I can try those.  

How are the Shure SRH840?  I have heard good things about those as well.  Is the bass pounding, with mids and trebles still bright and not recessed?

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #21 of 25
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/535364/help-me-fund-my-custom-iem-obsession-akg-grado-hifiman-monster-sennheiser-westone

The HD25 - yours for $135

See |joker|'s portable headphone review:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-tdk-wr700-akg-k430-added-01-08

HD25 trumps SRH-840 / M50.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
Thank you for your reply.  

Yeah, I really want a 'phone with bass that I can literally feel, and the DT770 was perfect, except that it wasn't loud.  I guess next Friday I will see if they have the M50 and 80ohm in stock, and then I can try those.  

How are the Shure SRH840?  I have heard good things about those as well.  Is the bass pounding, with mids and trebles still bright and not recessed?

Ah well if you're a bass-head then the M50s are your best bet (there's a couple on the FS forums now for ~$99 shipped); get a cheap bass-boosting amp (Like cmoyBB for <$70 or use a WTB ad) and you're good to go. 

Or look into the Fiio E7 since it's a dac+amp (although not BB to my knowledge) (dac > imac's HP output)

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #23 of 25
Well, I am looking to not own any amp at all.  I read that an iPod can function on 'phones up to 70ohms, so the DT770 80ohm wouldn't be bad would it?  Also, how about some Sony headphones?  Or the Shure 750DJ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back