Best Headphones For Dubstep
Jun 24, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
thx man, but the question still stands on whether or not i need an amp, and ive heard of rooting my android samsung phone so i can install voodoo which apparently increases auidio greatly if anyone knows anything about that input would be great

You will not need an amp what so ever.

Voodoo, and other software like it, merely acts like an equalizer in the end and increases decibals, or in otherwords, increases volume only. Too much and you'll hear flabbing and flubbing from the drivers. It should be fine without it.

Enjoy!

Very best,

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #17 of 19
I was going to say Ultrasone for dubstep is King, while the M50 feels a little warm for electronica, but whatever.

Enjoy your M50s my good sir, great entry level choice.

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
Heya,

Willing to wear big headphones? Willing to get an amplifier? You can get all that in the $300 range.

Fiio E7 (or E11 since you already have a DAC/Music player) + BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro 80's. That's $300. That's serious bass, and good sound quality on top of it. Portable. Very comfortable. Looks nice too (not goofy like Sony XB700's, but that's just my opinion of course).

I'm biased though--I use a similar setup for Dub & other electronic musics (Deadmau5, Skrillex, etc).

As a note on bass ability, the DT770 Pro's can play this sample without flubbing, tight, controlled, and clear. It's sick. These things are bass monsters.

Very best,

dude..... that sample......  
basshead.gif
 seriously....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back