best headphones for BASS type music( Trance, techno etc. ) :D
Mar 21, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #46 of 64
get some used d2000's amazing bass as long as you have even a rudimentary amp I am running mine out of a uDac at the moment while waiting for my LD I+ to arrive and the bass is nuts I can wait for my amp to get here to tighten it up a bit.

Edit
The d2000/5k/7k are know for bass and sparkle which is true.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiisel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. I'm new here so sorry if this post in in the wrong thread. So I would like to ask you people only one question, so here it comes:

Which headphones should i choose when i mostly listen to trance/techno music, with mp3 player but also with comp when I don't have an amp and I'm not planning on getting one atm. My goal is to get as pure and fresh sound as possible out from the phones. The candidates are Beyerdynamic DT770Pro and AKG k271 MKII. Last time i checked they both were about 150€.

Thanks in advance.

With the two you mention (In a bassy headphones topic), I'd take the DT770 (though I only heard the non-pro version).
K271 does give a very 'pure' sound, but really improves with some amping which gives it at least some bass.

Consider the Audio Technica ES7, very nice headphone made for portable use.
Senn HD25 (non-SP!) is a good portable too, good sound and almost indestructible.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This does not exist.

Old thread but this is not true. 5.1 headsets with multiple speakers in each ear do exist and they are made mainly for gaming.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #49 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by parskey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get some used d2000's amazing bass as long as you have even a rudimentary amp I am running mine out of a uDac at the moment while waiting for my LD I+ to arrive and the bass is nuts I can wait for my amp to get here to tighten it up a bit.

Edit
The d2000/5k/7k are know for bass and sparkle which is true.

Agree, agree , agree. Go for the Denon 2000 . It is the right price and has got all the bass you will ever need, they rock !

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #50 of 64
I find that EQ is the only way to really get da BASS. Any decent headphone will seriously thump with decent EQ.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #51 of 64
Hey guys. Just ordered a pair oh HD212-Pro's from Play.com   i'll review em on here once i got em and burned em in a little. Just asking; if i was looking for heavy bass with music such as rap, hip hop, rnb with my EQ on ipod touch set to bass boost; will i get it?? Thanks guys.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #52 of 64
Well I personally really like the HD 212 Pros but that's 70% thanks to kX Audio drivers which cover up the weaknesses of the headphones very well. These headphones work excellent without an amp (amping this one won't help much at all) and are very easily driven altough the overall sound quality relatively good from a weak source like mp3 player that I tested mine with and if bass is your top priority then it should satisfy. Altough I'd say they fit slightly better for trance music rather than rap & hip-hop.

I always keep wondering what kinda bass type people are looking for though because headphones can have similar quantity of bass output but they can sound a lot different. If you're looking for car subwoofer type of bass that hits very low and isn't very "punchy" then EQing the 212 Pros a little and you're very close, these headphones I'd say focus on bass output in the 50~70Hz range or so, the bass at 90 ~ 120Hz which is where most headphones are strongest in bass it's rather average. So if you like deep, soft, "earshaking" bass then HD 212 Pros might be for you.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #53 of 64
here's my 2 cents:

If you want to pick a pair of headphones, you may generalize by country.  Look at the music preference of a certain countries and you may find the perfect headphone by picking a headphone from a country that has music preferences similar to your's. Europe plays a lot of electric music so Ultrasone should come to mind and be a serious choice. Though the same reasoning doesn't work all the time.

Ultrasone headphones have the best bass out of any headphones I have tried with the most spacious sound than any closed headphone.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #55 of 64
^ This. I just ordered a pair and can't wait to get them in. Ultrasones do extremely well with trance and other bass heavy music.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #60 of 64
5.1 channel means 5 speakers plus a sub just so you guys know.  usually only gaming headphones have surround sound i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back