best headphones for BASS type music( Trance, techno etc. ) :D
Jan 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #33 of 64
Anything Ultrasone would do you fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it does exist, but it's a crock of ****. For bass/trance/techno generic responses here seem to be the AD700/D2000/DT770 80 pro
edit: lolbassisfornoobs

[size=xx-small]goes back to awaiting the arrival of my 770/80s[/size]

Im waiting for 770s too! I'm hoping they sound great for my breakbeat 12 inchers

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #35 of 64
Ultrasone HFI-650 or Proline 650/PRO650. Somewhat spacious soundstage for a closed headphone with that shallow cups, deep and strong bass punch, but still tight enough so it shoudnt sound too bloated.

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm version is good too, though its much bigger so it is not suitable for portable purposes if you intent to use it that way. Small portables also might struggle driving them properly. Extremely comfortable.

If you want something cheap, AKG K81DJ or its updated model which-name-escapes-me-ATM, and do a slight mod: Take the foam pad away that covers the driver and treble opens up nicely. Very uncomfortable if you wear glasses. Also not for big heads as the headband is quite small. Not very spacious sound though.

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #36 of 64
For my techno,trance etc music I use my HFI-780's. Tho the design of the headphones and the cups may annoy you because the pads are pleather.

They do get better after the pads wore in if they even annoy you since they never did me. Then based on the your ears If they hot on your ears for you which there not for me.

IMO they do have good positional and sound image as I also use them for gaming besides music and movies.

as for 5.1 headphones you dont want them if your planning on listen to music.

There ok for games and movies thats it, if you care more about the small drivers rather then the sound quailty. Which most of them lack in favor for the other drivers.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #38 of 64
dude, if its bass you want, get the DT770s.

But then again, I've read that quite a few people were underwhelmed with the bass on them due to their poor amplification..hrmm

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #39 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, if its bass you want, get the DT770s.

But then again, I've read that quite a few people were underwhelmed with the bass on them due to their poor amplification..hrmm

I agree. however i dont think techno/trance is really bass music. a lot of technos origins were mids/highs in the house movement etc. But the 770/80 pro is often talked about as bass bloat/MONSTERS... whichever you choose to believe (will be able to comment on this in a few weeks)

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #40 of 64
Quote:

I agree. however i dont think techno/trance is really bass music. a lot of technos origins were mids/highs in the house movement etc. But the 770/80 pro is often talked about as bass bloat/MONSTERS... whichever you choose to believe (will be able to comment on this in a few weeks)

Yes, but from the way the OP speaks I believe he does want bass heavy headphones, and Ultrasones and DT770 fit in the bill perfectly. Both are not that bloated either (bloat as I understand it comes from boomy mid-upperbass, where Ultrasones and DT770 have more subbass than upper bass.)

Otherwise I would recommend SA5000, incredible speed and detail with snappy and punchy, ubertight bass.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #41 of 64
Hi. I'm new here so sorry if this post in in the wrong thread. So I would like to ask you people only one question, so here it comes:

Which headphones should i choose when i mostly listen to trance/techno music, with mp3 player but also with comp when I don't have an amp and I'm not planning on getting one atm. My goal is to get as pure and fresh sound as possible out from the phones. The candidates are Beyerdynamic DT770Pro and AKG k271 MKII. Last time i checked they both were about 150€.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #42 of 64
Quote:

[size=xx-small]try some porta pros[/size]
I'm not too sure what the cheapest amp you can get for those headphones are (probably somewhere around 15 USD), but you can definitely get those two phones for ~140 USD.
http://cgi.ebay.com/beyerdynamic-DT-...QQcmdZViewItem
you can get the 770 for $99 (decent price) from a powerseller with good ratings there (no refund) - but it IS BDA. you should be able to get a modest amp to power them for a few $
EDIT: you'd have to check the other forum for an amp....

DT770 for $100 is a great price,wish I could find them at that price and not almost double that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back