Best Headphones Ever: Grado HF-2
Apr 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

orrb_05

500+ Head-Fier
OK, so I may be off a little, but they are one fantastic pair of headphones!!
Just got them today, NIB and unopened - I debated on leaving them sealed in the box, but What, I bought them for listening pleasure, not just to eyeball!! Thaye are nice looking though! 
L3000.gif

Anyhoot - thanks to forum member vcoheda for a really nice set of headphones.

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 8
From his post he appears to have bought them brand new in box from a member , vcoheda , probably from the F/S threads.  New in box usually goes from $500-$550

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 8
My 2 favorite Grados are the RS2i and the HF2. 

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #6 of 8
Don't open it, just buy my HF-2 to listen to. lol.. I do like the HF-2 

Quote:
Just got them today, NIB and unopened - I debated on leaving them sealed in the box, but What, I bought them for listening pleasure, not just to eyeball!! Thaye are nice looking though! 
L3000.gif

Anyhoot - thanks to forum member vcoheda for a really nice set of headphones.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Just got them today, NIB and unopened - I debated on leaving them sealed in the box, but What, I bought them for listening...

Definitely have to take them out of the box to enjoy them. You're in for a real treat though because they get better. Right out of the box I thought the bass was sort of bloopy and bloaty sounding. As they burn in that goes away and the whole headphone seems to open up, sort of like a flower blooming.

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Have fun with the HF2. It's my favorite of the current Grados. I had great experiences with the jumbo bowls. I thought, to me, it added soundstage and balanced out the headphone. Some have said it sucked out the mids. I didn't find that. YMMV but when I had the HF2 that's how I listened to them. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back