Best Headphone Under 300 bucks?
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:
Okay, this is as clear as i can be. I want a headphone that has leather earpads that are very supple, a low impedance under 60, neutral sound, very large soundstage, closed back, all music gernes headphone that can also be used for movies and gamming.

So basically you are looking for the perfect headphone for under $300.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #33 of 52
My opinion is the AKG Q701. But it really depends on what you want a set of headphones to do. The Q701 really does play most genres very well. I find them to be best with electronic, jazz and classical. They are also very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Tons of detail. Tightest bass I've ever heard as well. My favorite for the 200-300 dollar range.

Q701 seconded. Fantastic can! Needs an amp though to truly sound great. It's like $230 on Amazon. Pick up a pair, play pink noise through it for 80 hours while you work or w/e. plug it in, and you will not be disappointed. They have great soundstage, and feel very intimate. I'm personally waiting for my Little Dot MKiii to come to really bring these to the next level :) . Can't go wrong with the Q701.

Also, the K167/267 are fantastic. Great closed cans, feel pretty open actually, with great isolation. Definitely a great can for the price, at 199/299 respectively, Id say the K167 is a great bargain.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:
Q701 seconded. Fantastic can! Needs an amp though to truly sound great. It's like $230 on Amazon. Pick up a pair, play pink noise through it for 80 hours while you work or w/e. plug it in, and you will not be disappointed. They have great soundstage, and feel very intimate. I'm personally waiting for my Little Dot MKiii to come to really bring these to the next level
smily_headphones1.gif
. Can't go wrong with the Q701.

Also, the K167/267 are fantastic. Great closed cans, feel pretty open actually, with great isolation. Definitely a great can for the price, at 199/299 respectively, Id say the K167 is a great bargain.

I'm A minor :/ . Oh well, I'm still solid with the K550

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #35 of 52
Agreed on all accounts...
Quote:
My opinion is the AKG Q701. But it really depends on what you want a set of headphones to do. The Q701 really does play most genres very well. I find them to be best with electronic, jazz and classical. They are also very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Tons of detail. Tightest bass I've ever heard as well. My favorite for the 200-300 dollar range.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #36 of 52
I'm going to throw a curveball at the group and suggest you take a look at the AKG 271mkII.

Let it go or take a swing, I could care less

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #37 of 52
I'm A minor :/ . Oh well, I'm still solid with the K550

I'm a minor too, 16 here haha. But you have to pick, because, as I posted in a similar threw, there is no best headphone, it's best for you. Hell, beats are best for my friends, and that's fine. I don't agree, but to them, they like it, and that's what matters. You might really hate the Q701, or the K240 MKii, or the K167, or the DT880, who knows? If you pick one, you can be sure you will be happy,as most cans recommended on these forums are generally (generally) a good price/performance ratio. So it's up to you to pick from the pool of headphones recommended to you, because if you pick one, you will be happy.

For example, I picked up some Hd 555 a month ago. Boy, was I thrilled. Different sound from my Q's, I loved the difference. Turns out, that sound really wasn't for me, so I sold em, lost $5, but I enjoyed my time with them, and that's worth it to me.

So whatever you pick, I'm sure you will be more than happy with it :)

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:
You might really hate the Q701, or the K240 MKii, or the K167, or the DT880, who knows? If you pick one, you can be sure you will be happy,as most cans recommended on these forums are generally (generally) a good price/performance ratio. So it's up to you to pick from the pool of headphones recommended to you, because if you pick one, you will be happy.

Hmm. There's optimism for you.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #42 of 52
well you should forget about "VERY GOOD SOUNDSTAGE" if you're gonna go for closed-back.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #45 of 52
K550 really don't have a lot of bass. If you like some real low-end punch, maybe look elsewhere. The same seems to be true for many AKG models (K271, K701, K601, K240 etc.).

EDIT: rap, rock and pop would suffer noticably from this, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back