best headphone based on looks/isolation/comfort?
Oct 3, 2010 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mastapro

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at to get some headphones that are mainly based on looks/isolation/comfort. I want good sound too but that's secondary to the other aspects.  For looks, I'm looking for something that looks like the sennheiser hd228's, monster beats, or the bose on ear headphones.  Is there any headphones that meet these criteria?  Thanks alot guys.

PS: I listen to rap/hip hop mainly

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 18
ATH-SQ5. Really comfortable little phones and they come in a couple of colors to boot. Long-term comfort and isolation are much better than ATH-ES7 but they don't look as flashy. Bass is tight but not lacking, midrange is smooth and liquid, and the treble is sparkly but not harsh. I think they come in a couple of colors, too, though the black ones are cheapest.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 18
Oct 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #9 of 18
yea i was gonna get the es7 but i heard they were REALLY uncomfortable.  about the SQ5, i don't really like the look of it, the ear part is a bit too long and looks weird

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #12 of 18
No, the photo isn't mine. Mine came with a felt bag iirc, and not the kind depicted in the photo.

I didn't find the ES7 uncomfortable, and I have a large noggin. If it's too tight, you can always stretch the head band. I didn't have comfort issues with the padding of the cups either. YMMV.

I wouldn't discount them based on comfort issues as it will depend on the individual. I've seen refurb ES7 sell for less than $50, so if comfort is the only issue, then for that kind of price, it's worth giving a shot imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back