Best gaming mice
Jun 19, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #376 of 406
I pulled the trigger on Logi 502X since it has optical switches and scroll wheel. Will see how that fares. I will spend big now, and if it lasts a long time without issues, I will get my money's worth. I've had too many cheap mouses that scroll wheel degrades too quickly. If 502X fares well, I will buy another for my other PC.

I heard metal scroll is good too, but not too many does metal scroll wheels. MX Master 3S has metal, but I don't trust the switches. I'm only going with 502X due to optical switches.
Nice! Post pics if you can later
Here’s my Razer Orochi v2
IMG_5439.jpeg

Jun 21, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #377 of 406
A few years back I started having really bad arthritis in my hands on account of being an ancient fossil, so I had to go through a bunch of different gaming mice to find something that worked. I think I went through like 20 in the last few years alone.

To make the long story short, the Mionix Naos Pro is the single most comfortable mouse I've ever used, and it ends up being my every day mouse. But for FPS specifically I use a Logitech G Pro Superlight. It is a terrible name for what is a very good mouse, but it's about the right size, the shape's... fine, and the performance is nearly flawless. The side buttons are mushy and terrible and sometimes the wheel registers when I haven't moved it, but minor glitches aside it's been good, and I don't feel any wireless latency whatsoever.

Also I have to give a special shout out to the Xtrfy MZ1, a very weird mouse with a very weird shape, but quite nice once you figure out how to hold it. I've seen the grip Zy (its creator) uses with it and frankly how his hands haven't turned into arthritic pustules by now holding the mouse like that I don't know. Still, you can probably find a grip that works, and the very small size and narrow grip width has its benefits - I felt like I aimed very well with it, at least by my standards. In the end though, I found the G Pro more comfortable.

But do check out the Naos, the shape is amazing. It's a bit heavy at 100g or so and the shape is not the best for picking up your mouse a lot so I wouldn't say it's a terrific FPS mouse (unless you prefer a heavier mouse and don't pick up a lot) but it's great at everything else. Not for small hands though.

Also the Cooler Master MM720 seems like it should work as it's designed around the same concept as the Naos... but it doesn't. It's not even close to as comfortable, and I don't know why.

Other mice that stood out in my testing were the Mountain Makalu 67, quite nice if you want a larger ergonomic mouse, and the Roccat Burst Pro, if you want something medium and ambidextrous.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #379 of 406
I’ve got my Zowie mouse (wireless) EC1 CW
It’s a larger version out of 3, ec1(L)-ec2(M)-ec3(S)
IMG_6227.jpeg

It’s long, wide, clicks feel very enjoyable, no fatigue, I’m trying to understand if it’s too large or not.
Will need couple days to assess. After orochi v2 it’s definitely bigger.
IMG_6230.jpeg

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #385 of 406
A few years back I started having really bad arthritis in my hands on account of being an ancient fossil, so I had to go through a bunch of different gaming mice to find something that worked. I think I went through like 20 in the last few years alone.

To make the long story short, the Mionix Naos Pro is the single most comfortable mouse I've ever used, and it ends up being my every day mouse. But for FPS specifically I use a Logitech G Pro Superlight. It is a terrible name for what is a very good mouse, but it's about the right size, the shape's... fine, and the performance is nearly flawless. The side buttons are mushy and terrible and sometimes the wheel registers when I haven't moved it, but minor glitches aside it's been good, and I don't feel any wireless latency whatsoever.

Also I have to give a special shout out to the Xtrfy MZ1, a very weird mouse with a very weird shape, but quite nice once you figure out how to hold it. I've seen the grip Zy (its creator) uses with it and frankly how his hands haven't turned into arthritic pustules by now holding the mouse like that I don't know. Still, you can probably find a grip that works, and the very small size and narrow grip width has its benefits - I felt like I aimed very well with it, at least by my standards. In the end though, I found the G Pro more comfortable.

But do check out the Naos, the shape is amazing. It's a bit heavy at 100g or so and the shape is not the best for picking up your mouse a lot so I wouldn't say it's a terrific FPS mouse (unless you prefer a heavier mouse and don't pick up a lot) but it's great at everything else. Not for small hands though.

Also the Cooler Master MM720 seems like it should work as it's designed around the same concept as the Naos... but it doesn't. It's not even close to as comfortable, and I don't know why.

Other mice that stood out in my testing were the Mountain Makalu 67, quite nice if you want a larger ergonomic mouse, and the Roccat Burst Pro, if you want something medium and ambidextrous.
man the Naos is such a pleasure to hold but the weight is super heavy. Wish they made a light and wireless version..

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #386 of 406
Oct 16, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #387 of 406
IMG-2089.jpg

I'm a bit of a collector of mice myself. I like 'em small and symmetrical. Pulsar X2 Mini, Lamzu Atlantis Mini, Pulsar X2.
I've been maining the pulsar x2v2 mini since their 4k dongle came out and it's really incredible. Can't personally see why someone would spend the extra money on something like a razer dav3 or superlight 2 unless they really liked the shape. Lamzu and pulsar seem to have value + quality locked down currently. I have a starlight as well and am interested in the final UL but the pulsar seems pretty hard to beat currently imo but the magnesium shells do feel nice.

Nov 18, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #388 of 406
My new 502X with optical scroll wheel and buttons. It's super light, and bulky compared to my Rival 3. I like the lightness, and I need to get used to it.
It passed the 6 months test guys. No scroll wheel issues developed yet. Optical is the way to go! 👍

Before this one, I was used to mini sized mice, and I started to get some sores on my hand since I wasn't used to this size. It went away, and it seems it takes time for hand to adjust to new mouse size. I suspect, when you go from small to large mouse, vice versa.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #390 of 406
I’ve got my Zowie mouse (wireless) EC1 CW
It’s a larger version out of 3, ec1(L)-ec2(M)-ec3(S)
IMG_6227.jpeg
It’s long, wide, clicks feel very enjoyable, no fatigue, I’m trying to understand if it’s too large or not.
Will need couple days to assess. After orochi v2 it’s definitely bigger.

I've been using Zowie mice for going on 10 years now. I don't know if they retained their quality after being bought out by BenQ. I currently have the EC1-B I think, the large version.

Debated upgrading from time to time but its a great mouse and at this point in the game I don't know if upgraded sensors matter or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back