Best FPS mouse?
Feb 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Edward123

New Head-Fier
Hi
So I just got a new laptop and it is amazing. But I currently use a simple Logitech Wireless Mouse M325. Which is okay I guess, but I want an upgrade. I currently am playing mostly COD4 and potentially Titanfall when it comes out. I'm kind of low on cash though. So what's the best fps mouse for the value? I've usually set the sensitivity to low.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 39
I've heard good things about the Logitech g400 (it has a newer - a bit more expensive - version with reinforced cable, the g400s).

Or you could just go with Microsoft WMO, which has a great sensor, but with a low sensitivity only. And not sure if you can find it easily these days, since it's pretty old.

(also, there should be a thread for that in the gaming forum)

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 39
Any of the Zowies :) They are probably some of the best ever made. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 39
Guys I was thinking of actually getting this now http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Ergonomic-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00AAS888S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Problem is I've a relatively small hand so IDK, would it be right for me?

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 39
Razer imo is a bit overhyped. Logitech or zowie, best quality gear. Zowie ec1 and ec2 is easily some of the best, ec2 is also a bit smaller.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 39
You could always have a look on Ebay, I had a look on the Logitech site and they don't seem to have them on there anymore. Something like the G500s would be good, I do like to have the buttons on the side of the mouse they are very useful. i have mine bound to crouch and prone. There is the G300 if you want something cheaper, both have on-the-fly DPI switching which is useful if you want to switch between sensitivity for different games.
So far I've had no problem with Logitech products.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #12 of 39
  Anyone know anything about this one? 
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Rival-Optimized-Optical-Gaming/dp/B00G6IJ5QK

Seeing as you seem to be interested in ergonomic mice:

1. Razer Deathadder
  2. CM Storm Alcor
  3. Steelseries Rival
  4. Zowie EC1/EC2 evo (EC2 is smaller beware that Zowie mice do not have drivers or anything. So if you don't like the DPI steps there isn't much you can do)

If you want an ambidextrous palm grip mouse:

1. Roccat Kone Pure Optical
  2. Zowie AM
  3. CM Storm Recon
  4. Steelseries Kana V2

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #13 of 39
on the kone I had the famous mouse3 doubleclic bug (you clic once the mouse double clics for you) after only a few months. it drove me mad.
I had 2 xai with also double clic bugs. mouse2 and mouse3 on the second one....
I had a lot of razer (diamondbacks were great at the time) and over the years the only trouble on razer comes from the cable that will break/shortcut at some point. I usually replace it with the cable from another mouse ^_^ but if you have any soldering skills razer is probably the best on the long run. deathadder is my fav. copperhead sensor was ****, dunno if they have solved it with firmware, lachesis is interesting only if you play with very high sensi, else it's crap for average and low sens people.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 39
I've been very happy with the Logitech G7 Wireless. Rechargeable battery, laser. Good ergonomics for me. I fly in BF2/3/4 with a mouse, so it works well for picking up when I run out of mousepad.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back