Best FPS mouse?
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #16 of 39
My current recommendation would be the Mionix Naos 3200 (I've since moved onto it's more expensive brother, the 7000). It's easily one of the best mice I've ever used. Tracking is good, subjective comfort is fantastic (I use kind of a hybrid claw/palm grip), mouse coating (some kind of soft touch material) is nice, and critically sensor position is almost dead centre under your palm (one of the things I just couldn't get used to when trying out the G500).

Downsides? It's right hand use only and the dpi settings are non configurable (you are stuck with the 3 pre-set options).

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #17 of 39

The Deathadder is actually a really nice mouse. I gave it away since I'm a lefty (right hand only), and bought the only mouse I could find the was left hand compatible, a SteelSeries Sensei, which is apparently pretty good.

The only upside to the Sensei is the ergonomics, however even using the Deathadder left handed, it was comfy.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #18 of 39
I've been using a Corsair M60 [NOT the 65] for almost 2 years now... I've beaten the thing to death [literally] and it still works great, I like the software on it as well, then again I use it to play shooters and MMOs [it's not the best mmo mouse] but for shooters I like it very much!

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 39
You dont play really competitive FPS games, then you can just buy whatever you want really.
If you care for good sensors and aim, then optical mices are the best.
Steelseries Rival, Mionix Avior/Naos 7000 is probably the best mices on the market at the moment. 
Been using the Steelseries Rival myself, and I really love it.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 39
I control the mouse with my left hand so my choices are limited. Very happy with current Steelseries Sensei Raw, which is ambidextrous.

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #22 of 39
Steelseries Kana, the CS:GO edition. Ok before i get flag from all the COD fanboys, i would judt like to say that even though it is the CS:GO Edition, it doesnt mean anything. I just lije the feeling of the mouse. The sensor is good, its ambidextrious, there are two giant mavcros for you to use for grenades or any other things u may want to throw in. Supported by the super simple yet good Steelseries engine, it really is a good mouse. I love it. Wont be using any Razer stuff again. At only 100 SGD which is about 60 US i think it's a STEAL
P.S. i used an ouroborous before my Kana. N i have to say the Kana needs getting used to. Around 1 week. After that u wont wanna touch any other mouse.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #24 of 39
Steelseries Kana, the CS:GO edition. Ok before i get flag from all the COD fanboys, i would judt like to say that even though it is the CS:GO Edition, it doesnt mean anything. I just lije the feeling of the mouse. The sensor is good, its ambidextrious, there are two giant macros for you to use for grenades or any other things u may want to throw in. Supported by the super simple yet good Steelseries engine, it really is a good mouse. I love it. Wont be using any Razer stuff again. At only 100 SGD which is about 60 US i think it's a STEAL

Yep, I'm right with you on that. I have the COD: Black Ops II version of the Steelseries Sensei Raw, but not 'cause I'm a COD fanboy...That model is from prior year so it was on sale for $25 USD. Total steel (couldn't resist)

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #25 of 39
Sensei is more for those that play on insane DPIs so he probably wont need one. Besides all that other functions are kinda hack-ey dont u feel? Like the staright line auto correct thing

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #26 of 39
I've tried many mice G9x, various Razers, about everything.  I'm an old school FPS PC gamer.  Read Quakeworld/Q3/CS 1.6 player.  I find laser based mice have lag or something is off.  I keep going back to my G400 with optical.  About the only mouse I have not tried is the revised G400s.  That will probably be my next one if/when I have to replace my G400.

Sorry this is very subjective, but I thought I would share.

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #27 of 39
This is a really subjective question.

You can pick just about any decent mouse from any known gaming company and you should have very minor differences in performance.
One mouse may work better for one person, and another may work better for another person.

It's really about the fit and feel of the mouse.  What you like, someone else may hate, and vice versa .
There really is no "best" mouse.

I used to play TF2 ESEA Intermediate division a few years ago.  I had the opportunity to scrim with pro teams, and players like B4nny, cyzer, tagg, plat. and the like.  A few  of them had ****ty computer setups back then, due to a lack of funds.  The one thing that they all had was incredible skill.  Shade in particular, one of the best medics in the world, had a lol ****ty setup when he started playing on the worlds best teams, and he still did just fine.

So go with what you like.  What ever feels good to you.  Palm grip or claw?  Layout of buttons....  Things like that.
I've always used a Logitech MX518, a palm grip mouse.  It's been replaced by the identical Logitech G400, and now the G400s I believe.
The G500/500s is the same mouse pretty much with a few upgrades and a slightly higher scroll wheel, as well as a slightly larger thumb rest.

Just keep in mind that even with a great mouse, monitor, GPU, sound card and headphones, you won't suddenly become a pro player.  A true pro player will still smoke you (and me) even if he is using ****ty equipment.  And so it goes....

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #28 of 39
ive been on the g700 for a couple of years, has on the fly dpi adjustments, rechargeable battery and in my opinion has the best shape and the smooth scroll wheel that can be changed to a clicky scroll wheel with a button on top of the mouse.
Before this i had an mx1000(so sad this mouse died) which i used for about 5 years or 6 years till the battery couldnt hold enough charge anymore. So I am a lover of logitech mice because i know they last.

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #29 of 39
  ive been on the g700 for a couple of years, has on the fly dpi adjustments, rechargeable battery and in my opinion has the best shape and the smooth scroll wheel that can be changed to a clicky scroll wheel with a button on top of the mouse.
Before this i had an mx1000(so sad this mouse died) which i used for about 5 years or 6 years till the battery couldnt hold enough charge anymore. So I am a lover of logitech mice because i know they last.

I love my G700 even though I do not play that many PC games any more (my laptop became too outdated). Its a very solid mouse, and it has a suprisingly good wireless range with the little dongle.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #30 of 39
Sensei is more for those that play on insane DPIs so he probably wont need one. Besides all that other functions are kinda hack-ey dont u feel? Like the staright line auto correct thing

Yes, the original Sensei seems like overkill...prob bettter fit for gamer professionals. I think that's why Steelseries followed up with the Sensei Raw, which is what I have. It doesn't have the ARM processor or the mini LCD screen and the over the top features tied to them. Yet, it still has a great feel & shape along with the excellent engine.

My take is the Raw is for us non-pro but serious gamers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back