Best earphones with removable cable?
Sep 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

FakePlastik

New Head-Fier
So I'm tired of my earphones breaking and decides that I want to buy a removable one, but don't know which one is worth it.

I did some research on the Westone UM3X, Ultimate Ears 900 and Shure SE535 but I really don't know which one is worth the money and which one's the best. I like to listen to EDM songs and sometimes indie rock songs. I use iPhone to listen to songs actually, if it makes any difference. Which one of the earphones suits me? Are there any more earphones I should look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 24
I second the W4R, as it is pretty easy to get custom cables and go balance with it later.

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 24
The fischer amps fa 4e are the best for the price i had the 535 and the um3x and there is no colour, other users reported the same with the ue900 and the w4 against the amps

They fit great that music genres

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 24
535 is overpriced but has great mids
UM3X is great for speed and bass texture, but tiny soundstage and fogged especially in mids.
Westone 4 is great but flat, if you find it under $450 it is great for value. But it is to my mind a little bit "out of date"

Heir 4ai is critized by Rinchoi but his defects are theorics, your only judge is your ears.

The EarSonics SM64 is cool too, great bass, soundstage as good as this from Westone 4, but sound is thicker with less treble aggressivity.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 24
I would prefer the UM3X over the W4R. I find it brighter and shines more on the vocals. This is a personal preference though. 

One thing, you didn't really state your budget. If you are budget-less, I would recommend the FitEar TG!334 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #15 of 24
W4R is working on iPhone/iPod, as well as UM3X, I tried both of them. No one of these IEMs needs an amp, but all of them work even better with an amp it's everytime like that
L3000.gif

UM3X is better on voices, much warmer than the W4R, which are more polyvalent and transparent. If you like EDM and indie rock, which are very different music style, I would recommand you W4R and perhaps SM64 because of his warm vocals and smooth bass rythmic. What is exactly your spending limit ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back