Best Denon Headphones for Street use?
Oct 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bluedolphin

100+ Head-Fier
I have used many headphones brands over the years
for Street use quality mostly Koss,Sennheiser and Sony

Currently I use Sennheiser PX100 II which is great for Pop and some Bassy Dance music, and yea i'm a basshead.

Recentnly i got Denon D5000 (jena cabled with furutech conector) 
Sound was So mindblowing i now also consider to go Denon for Street headphones.

Thing is I don't want it too heavy or too big for daily use

Been looking what Denon has to offer today
AH-D600
AH-D1100
AH-D 510R

I find 600 to pricey for outdoor headphones, for that price i could import D2000 from Japan and shorten the cable
it will however be big :)

1100 and 510R is okey in price but again are they maybe too big for outdoor use?

What Denon headphones is the one to be used for outdoor use?

My use:
Coupled with Cowon Mp3 player
Music mostly Pop and dance (basshead)
Mp3 320kbps 100db  (havent made the leap to flac yet because of album art)
Love to have the music at Max (that means 40 on cowon hehe)
for everyday use walking or sitting in park

While i am used to bendable headphones like sennheiser i think i might acept non-bendable
if the quality of Denon give me is Excelent
I know i will not get as good sound as the D5000 outside, but i sure could improve the sound over the Sennheiser PX100

What i want is Excelent sound not just great
And once i am ready to move over to Flac i want the perfect combination for headphones also
(which also may give perfect sound for those 320kbps mp3 too)

Should i Go for Denon for street use
or is there realy better option out there?

Pricewise i prefer not going over 200 euro realy as outside use
Most headphones i buy for street use tend to be around 80 euro or so but i am willing to pay upto 200

So to make this question Short

I want some Good streetheadphones around 200 euro price tag that sound a bit like D5000
That is for me perfect for my music

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 9
Heya,

There isn't a good street worthy Denon in the price range you seek I'm afraid.

That said, you could look into a MrSpeakers Mad Dog modded T50RP. It's a lot like what you're looking for sound wise. Very efficient. Good isolation. Durable headphone too, so no worries while out on the street.

Very best,

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Okey So Denon headphones for outdoor use is not realy worth considering?
That Mad dog Look very good , driver is made by Fostex right so sound a bit like Denon?
Is there any store selling theese in Europe ? 

What is the difference between the Modded Maddog vs the original Fostex  T50RP
Will i still be happy if i pick the original Fostex instead?

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Well maybe i'm looking for some Bass headphones i don't know , just want some that sound similar to Denon D5000 somehow
similiar, cheaper and more flexible for outdoor use

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 9
I am looking for a mobile headphone thats closed and good quality. I am curious as to which ones are better. The NEW mad dogs look like it just has custom pads rather then the shures they used before. 

edit: I wonder though, for the price of the new mad dogs, they reach into the budget of a used d600. I think the d600s could be an ok mobile headphone. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 9
D1001 or Creative Aurvana Live could fit the bill, because they encorporate the same Fostex drivers, which is one of the best on the market i think, only a little smaller - 40mm. 
BUT! They do leak sound, and this makes them impossible to use on the street without disturbing others.
If judge by design, i do like AKG K550, they look sleek and sexy, perfect if you prefer classic or casual style in dress. But they don't have that capable drivers, bass can be unsufficient for you, if you used to Denon house sound.
Recently released UE6000/9000 can be your choice, because they have (though not all that effective) noise-cancellation circuitry, and produce decent bassy sound. They do look stylish too, but can be too stylish for some. Here is the review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back