Best custom cable for Westone 4R for under $160?
Oct 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #17 of 50
I PMed Frank earlier this year looking for a simple short copper cable and never got a response.  I then started reading to see if this was normal, heard about the long delays for him to make them and decided against chasing him.

In contrast Ted responded to my WTB ad, we exchanged a couple of messages and within 48 hours he had sent me a pic of the cable he'd built to my unusual specifications (2' long with a skull Y split and short after split section) - no prizes for guessing who I'd recommend!

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 50
  I PMed Frank earlier this year looking for a simple short copper cable and never got a response.  I then started reading to see if this was normal, heard about the long delays for him to make them and decided against chasing him.

In contrast Ted responded to my WTB ad, we exchanged a couple of messages and within 48 hours he had sent me a pic of the cable he'd built to my unusual specifications (2' long with a skull Y split and short after split section) - no prizes for guessing who I'd recommend!

sometimes frank takes a while to get back to you,  and yes he does have quite a long wait for cables, the more intricate the longer it may take.

i purchased my cable premade from a fellow headfier and so alls i had to do was wait for post time. 

otherwise wait times can get kinda crazy some ive heard of waiting months and months for their cable.

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 50
  sometimes frank takes a while to get back to you,  and yes he does have quite a long wait for cables, the more intricate the longer it may take.

He's had about six months - don't think he's going to!

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #21 of 50
Or just buy my dhc symbiote cable with recessed pins. Each wire is individually sleeved for 130. New is 190 and that does include the individual sleeving

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #23 of 50
Headphone lounge doesn't have pure silver option on the website. Maybe for custom order.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #26 of 50
What is a "24 gauge" OCC cable? I think I have decided on Ted, though.

Wire gauge is a measure of thickness, the lower the number the thicker the wire, OCC is Ohno Continuous Cast which is the best type of copper.

Personally I wouldn't 24 gauge for an IEM as it is heavier and less flexible than the standard 26, and you will pay more for the inconvenience.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #28 of 50
Quote:
  So which option is "PURE" silver?

None of them - link added in quote below
smily_headphones1.gif

Ted is in the process of updating his site. If you PM him at Teds Headfood or through the site he will respond. All of his cables are custom but his build time is measured is a few days at most.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #30 of 50
Haha!  That wasn't there this morning I'm sure...

Yup, that says OCC silver so those are pure.  Looks like you'll be joining me in the short cable club if you want one in your original budget
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back