Best custom cable for Westone 4R for under $160?
Oct 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #46 of 50
Oyiade vs. Viablue.
Is there a sound difference between them? Or is it just looks and personal preference?

I think right-angled seems more practical in a pocket which viablue doesnt offer.

IMO when i was single ended, Oyiade was always my plug of choice, i dont believe you can hear any differences. the Viablue is somewhat more beefy plug But i just always favored Oyiade...i might say viablue if you get the mini

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #47 of 50
  IMO when i was single ended, Oyiade was always my plug of choice, i dont believe you can hear any differences. the Viablue is somewhat more beefy plug But i just always favored Oyiade...i might say viablue if you get the mini

Actually the Viablue I received from Ted is the small version, about the size of the small straight Neutrik, while the normal Viablue is similar to a Switchcraft (big!)  It looks proportional to the cable unlike the full size one, and I can't see it being a problem with any phone case or similar but I've never seen let alone heard an Oyaide so I'm not going to make any recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #48 of 50
  Actually the Viablue I received from Ted is the small version, about the size of the small straight Neutrik, while the normal Viablue is similar to a Switchcraft (big!)  It looks proportional to the cable unlike the full size one, and I can't see it being a problem with any phone case or similar but I've never seen let alone heard an Oyaide so I'm not going to make any recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah the small viablue the one you have is what im talking about.

the smaller viablue imo is better than the oyiade just my opinion,

Oct 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #49 of 50
  yeah the small viablue the one you have is what im talking about.

the smaller viablue imo is better than the oyiade just my opinion,

Haha, we have very different takes on the word beefy! 

Beefy would be the Canare F-12 (left), the Switchcraft is plenty big enough for any normal wire  and the Neutrik and Viablue are comparitively petite and well suited to portable use.  Do you have an Oyaide and any of these so I can see how it compares size wise?

Oct 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #50 of 50
  Haha, we have very different takes on the word beefy! 

Beefy would be the Canare F-12 (left), the Switchcraft is plenty big enough for any normal wire  and the Neutrik and Viablue are comparitively petite and well suited to portable use.  Do you have an Oyaide and any of these so I can see how it compares size wise?

yeah thats a big connector lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back